PostgreSQL installation error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PostgreSQL installation error

Postby IMKR » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:41 pm

I keep getting an error stating "error during microsoft VCC++ runtime installer"

and right after getting pokertrackers error message stating isntaller failed message. saying PostgreSQL installer did not complete successfully.
IMKR

Re: PostgreSQL installation error

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:30 am

Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby IMKR » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:23 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.

I believe postgre installed correctly. but when trying to connect to PT4, it now says "Unable to connect to this database please check configuration"

nvm im an idiot. i think its working
IMKR

Postby alexmrtnezl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm

:heart:
alexmrtnezl

Postby wislakuk » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:42 pm

Hey man, how did you get it to work? I'm having trouble with the "Unable to connect to this database please check configuration" stage.
wislakuk

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:00 am

wislakuk wrote:Hey man, how did you get it to work? I'm having trouble with the "Unable to connect to this database please check configuration" stage.

Is PostgreSQL installed and running on your computer? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? What version is it? Is it started, or can you start it? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'?
Flag_Hippo

Postby wislakuk » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:30 am

Hi Flag_Hippo! Thanks for helping out. I see "postgresql-x64-15-PostgreSQL server 15" running - is this enough? Its status is "running" and the startupt type is "manual"

I already had an error trying to download PostgreSQL automatically with PokerTracker 4 and had to resort to downloading version 15.2 directly from the PostgreSQL page (https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/ ... -downloads). Now whenever I try to open PokerTracker 4 and when I enter the PostgreSQL server information (port 5432, password dbpass) I'm met with the "unable to connect to this database" error window.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong, or what I could do to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks for your time!
wislakuk

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:06 pm

wislakuk wrote:I see "postgresql-x64-15-PostgreSQL server 15" running - is this enough? Its status is "running" and the startupt type is "manual"

PokerTracker 4 doesn't support PostgreSQL v15 so please uninstall it. Next download and install PostgreSQL v12 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that PostgreSQL installs successfully you can then try PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Skinnet » Thu May 25, 2023 2:04 pm

Hi, I have the same problem I did all what you post, I instaled the v12 and still not working, this time is trying to connect with the database but after thinking a bit the message is the same "unable to connect to this database", what can I do?

*EDIT
I installed v10 and it works for me
Skinnet

Return to PokerTracker 4