Database Error transfer

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database Error transfer

Postby ThatGuyRJay » Thu May 12, 2022 6:48 pm

I recently got a new CPU. I backed-up the PT4 on my old CPU to a zip file. (I just pressed backup and it took like 10 minutes) when I downloaded Pt4 on new CPU no issues until I tried to import the old zipped file. First there was an error after it went through the process. Then I tried another way and saw a DB0.backup and DB0.backup.002 They are extremely large so I figured I did something right maybe? How do I import this file into my new CPUs PT4 or how do I view this file since its too big for notepad in order to import all the hands manually (which I know will take forever.

Any help is appreciated Thanks.
ThatGuyRJay

Re: Database Error transfer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 13, 2022 5:18 am

If you have a PokerTracker 4 database backup file then you can restore that to another install of PokerTracker 4 via the 'File -> Restore' option and selecting the zip file that was created when you did the original backup:

Guide: Backup & Restore

If you backed up your 'Processed Hands' under 'Optional Files' then I recommend running the restore with that option unchecked as those files not required for your database to restore but they can be manually extracted from the backup file if you need to import from them again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ThatGuyRJay » Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 am

Thanks for your reply. When I hit restore for the zip file, there was an error.
ThatGuyRJay

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next move your backup file to the root of C:\ and run the restore from there. If you have an error again then create a support bundle via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option and attach that to a Support Ticket so we can check your logs.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4