Please increase the timeout for 3rd party apps

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Please increase the timeout for 3rd party apps

Postby cwm9 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:51 pm

I use Note Caddy. It works GREAT on my fast computer, but inside my much slower virtual machine (which lets me have a very high-resolution virtual desktop so I can get my tables set up exactly the way I want) it keeps getting disabled by Poker Tracker because it "times out". The thing is, it times out pretty darn quickly, and note caddy seems to be working just fine.

The message seems to only pop up when more than one table has to refresh at the same time. I suspect strongly that Poker Tracker just isn't waiting long enough for Note Caddy to finish with the first table before it times out on the second. Can you please increase the timeout before the "Note Caddy isn't responding" message pops up? Or, alternatively, see if you can find a way to force the GUI to repeatedly refresh all the tables continuously as an internal unit test to make sure all inter-process messaging is working correctly?

Thanks.
cwm9

Re: Please increase the timeout for 3rd party apps

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:19 am

Can you please report this to us in a Support Ticket with a support bundle from your virtual machine:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker 4 Support Bundle
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4