Purging Regs from database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Purging Regs from database

Postby tommyborstal » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:37 am

hi i play exclusively heads up.

if i want to purge to make a database for regs and a database for regs so i can alias them and look at population tendencies

is it possible to make a copy of my database and purge out all players with more than x number of hands.

i have only HU games if that makes it easier.
tommyborstal

Re: Purging Regs from database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:30 am

tommyborstal wrote:if i want to purge to make a database for regs and a database for regs so i can alias them and look at population tendencies

That wouldn't require aliasing and you can use your existing database to look at population statistics. Go to 'My Reports', create an 'All Players' report and add the statisics you want to see:

Guide: Creating My Reports

Add a simple filter for NOT(Player is Hero) to remove your statistics and then an expression filter for the number of hands you want to filter for:

Code: Select all
#Hands# > 1000

This will filter for players with more than 1,000 hands. You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters'. When that filter is applied you can see the summary data for that population on the summary line at the bottom of the report.
tommyborstal wrote:is it possible to make a copy of my database

You can copy a database by backing it up and when restoring not overwriting the original database (you will be offered the option to rename the copy when restoring):

Guide: Backup & Restore
tommyborstal wrote:and purge out all players with more than x number of hands.

Purging can only be done on a per player basis.
Flag_Hippo

Postby tommyborstal » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:10 pm

i'd like to be able to use the hand range visualiser to look at the starting ranges of the sub populations.

that can only be done via aliasing?

would have to eg delete regs one by one from the database?
tommyborstal

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:04 am

tommyborstal wrote:i'd like to be able to use the hand range visualiser to look at the starting ranges of the sub populations.

that can only be done via aliasing?

Yes that can only be done via aliasing.
tommyborstal wrote:would have to eg delete regs one by one from the database?

That wouldn't require the purging of other players but you would want to do the aliasing in a separate database as it will also combine that data in the HUD and other reports.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4