Need help with PT4 and postgresql

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Need help with PT4 and postgresql

Postby alexmrtnezl » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 pm

Hi, I tried to install pt4 on my pc but I couldnt, an error appeared that said:
"Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? "

I tried everything I read on forums and internet, I removed postmaster.pid, I restarted the postgresql services on services.msc and I changed the port connection in the pgadmin4 from 5433 to 5432.

thanks for reading.
alexmrtnezl

Re: Need help with PT4 and postgresql

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:46 am

Please go to 'Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> PokerTracker 4 -> PokerTracker 4 (Logging Enabled)', reproduce this issue and then attach these files to a Support Ticket:

--> C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\PokerTracker4.log

--> Your 5 latest PostgreSQL log files - Guide: PostgreSQL log files

To access the folder with the PokerTracker 4 log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby alexmrtnezl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:14 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Please go to 'Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> PokerTracker 4 -> PokerTracker 4 (Logging Enabled)', reproduce this issue and then attach these files to a Support Ticket:

--> C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\PokerTracker4.log

--> Your 5 latest PostgreSQL log files - Guide: PostgreSQL log files

To access the folder with the PokerTracker 4 log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.

I finally fixed it reinstalling a different version of postgresql, I was installing the last version, 9.3 and 9.6 but didnt run, now with the 10 it works, I had to create a new database and now its working.

Otherwise, how can I configure the PT4 so that it shows me the hands I play in spins modality in the summary while playing???? Only appears the hands I play in cash modality
alexmrtnezl

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:09 am

alexmrtnezl wrote:I finally fixed it reinstalling a different version of postgresql, I was installing the last version, 9.3 and 9.6 but didnt run, now with the 10 it works, I had to create a new database and now its working.

Otherwise, how can I configure the PT4 so that it shows me the hands I play in spins modality in the summary while playing???? Only appears the hands I play in cash modality

Towards the top of the PokerTracker 4 window there are buttons labelled '$' and 'T' so you will need to select the 'T' button to review your tournament data.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4