Finding hands that fit a stat

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Finding hands that fit a stat

Postby noboton » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:24 pm

Hi, is there a way to find among the hands of my database which ones would be included in a particular statistic?
I think it would be better to explain my question with an example...
Taking as an example the statistic "4bet preflop after raising"
What I want to do is search through all the hands in my database in which the "4bet preflop after raising" situation occurs. I would like to be able to see only the hands in which what the statistics indicate positively happens
And I would like to be able to do this with each particular statistic, it would help me to understand more precisely what the more complex statistics refer to, since I would have as an example the hands in which the situation occurs
Thank you
noboton

Re: Finding hands that fit a stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:45 am

noboton wrote:What I want to do is search through all the hands in my database in which the "4bet preflop after raising" situation occurs.

If you want to search and filter for all hands where this occurs regardless of who 4Bet then go to 'My Reports' and create a 'Hand Report':

Guide: Creating My Reports

Next click the Filters link and select 'Add New Expression Filters' and turn off the 'Filter on Active Player' option so hands can be filtered from every player's point of view.

Finally you would need to filter for the situation however if you don't understand exactly what the statistic is doing you might have trouble filtering for it but if you go to 'Configure -> Statistics' in PokerTracker 4 you can view descriptions and formulas for all statistics. To find the stat you want you can use the 'Search' function in the Statistics window. Once the statistic is selected you can view a description and formula for it on the 'Details' tab.

An easier method to filter for the statistics you want to view hands for is to use the 'Holdem Hand Range Visualizer' report in the 'Statistics' section. In that report is a list of heat map statistics that you can select to view hands where you took those actions. If a statistic is not listed you can add it to the list via the spanner icon:

Video: Hold'em Hand Range Visualizer Quick Stats
Flag_Hippo

Postby noboton » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:13 am

Thank you very much for the answer, I was looking at the holdem hand range visualizer and maybe it will help me.
My intention was to choose a somewhat complex stat or one that I don't quite understand and see examples of hands where I know of that situation in order to better understand the stat. I will try this method.
Thank you!
noboton

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:33 am

No problem and if you need any further clarification on a statistic you can let us know here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4