Wrong Tournament Results

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Wrong Tournament Results

Postby lauwarm » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:27 pm

Hi Guys,

please help. Since the last update my incoming tournament results are faulty.
So Prizes are not correct and bounties are not registered at all.
Save folders look correct, as I did not "touch anything" anyways,
So my ROI is going down bad :)
Help is much appreciated.
Greetins

Laurenz
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-18 um 23.26.55.png
lauwarm

Re: Wrong Tournament Results

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:31 am

What site(s) are these tournaments on? Is this information included in the hand history/tournament summary files? The information provided in hand histories varies by site and if the results/winnings are not detailed in the poker sites hand history files and/or tournament summaries then PokerTracker 4 cannot import them. Most poker sites provide files in a format which you can open with a text editor such as NotePad so you can verify if that is the case or not but for any tournaments with incorrect data you can update the information manually:

Guide: Updating Tournament Information Manually

If that information is included in the files provided by your poker site then please attach them to a Support Ticket and we can take a look. Bear in mind that PokerStars have removed bounty information from their hand histories so if that's still the case then there will be no bounty results for PokerTracker 4 to import.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Goothrie » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:06 am

I have the same problem. Since the update, all of my progressive tournament results that I manually entered have been messed up. Guessing it has something to do with the updated tournament detection.
Goothrie

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Goothrie wrote:I have the same problem. Since the update, all of my progressive tournament results that I manually entered have been messed up. Guessing it has something to do with the updated tournament detection.

I wouldn't have expected the database update to affect any results, but I will do some testing. Please open a Support Ticket with a link to your post so that we can get back to you with an update or if we need more information.
WhiteRider

Postby YashN » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:31 am

I saw the same thing in my results for PKOs this week-end:

- Number of Bounties is incorrect
- Total amount is also incorrect. The bounties don't seem to be counted at all if I remember correctly.
- Number of entrants is incorrect. It displayed something like 70 when the field was actually 1K+
- Also check Finish as I believe that was incorrect.

There may be more issues than those that I missed.

However, the effect on the Graph and ROI is very visible, and a bit disheartening when you have good results but the graph doesn't show it anymore.

What happens when we get into a PKO from a Satellite? There's a checkbox but my graphs still shows I supposedly paid the full price for entry when it is isn't the case since I entered a much cheaper Sat.

OK, I can always Edit the Tournament. However, this is very tedious with any volume, even small ones.

There seems to be an error when importing the PKO tournament data.
YashN

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:19 pm

YashN wrote:I saw the same thing in my results for PKOs this week-end:

- Number of Bounties is incorrect
- Total amount is also incorrect. The bounties don't seem to be counted at all if I remember correctly.
- Number of entrants is incorrect. It displayed something like 70 when the field was actually 1K+
- Also check Finish as I believe that was incorrect.

There may be more issues than those that I missed.

However, the effect on the Graph and ROI is very visible, and a bit disheartening when you have good results but the graph doesn't show it anymore.

The detail of tournament data provided in hand histories can vary by site and/or tournament however most poker sites provide files in a format which you can open with a text editor such as NotePad so you can verify if that is the case or not. If that information is included in the files provided by your poker site or if you are not sure then you can attach your examples to a Support Ticket. If you are on PokerStars then make sure you are saving PokerStars tournament summaries and importing them into PokerTracker 4 in addition to the hand histories however please note that for some reason PokerStars have recently removed bounty information from their hand histories so if that's still the case then there will be no bounty results for PokerTracker 4 to import.
YashN wrote:What happens when we get into a PKO from a Satellite? There's a checkbox but my graphs still shows I supposedly paid the full price for entry when it is isn't the case since I entered a much cheaper Sat.

If you have played a satellite and won a ticket (or money towards a buy-in) then any profit recorded in the satellite tournament would be offset by the entry into the target tournament.
Flag_Hippo

Postby YashN » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Yes, I know what the basic setup for auto importing is and that various sites have different formats.

I did verify. There's the following in the Hand History requested:

"You collected 6 bounties for a total of USD 14.66."

So the bounty info hasn't been removed by PS at all.

So, auto-importing causes a problem with PKOs on PS. I cannot re-import the emailed one as I edited the tournament already, it is detected as a duplicate.

This is on 4.17.1 (64bits) on Windows 11.
YashN

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:19 am

The bounty information that was removed was detailed in each PokerStars hand where a bounty was earned like this:

Player A wins $x for eliminating Player B and their own bounty increases by $y to $z

I haven't seen any examples since that information was removed where bounty information was included in either the hand histories or the summary file so if you have some bounty data in another format within your files please attach your examples to a Support Ticket. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby YashN » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:17 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:The bounty information that was removed was detailed in each PokerStars hand where a bounty was earned like this:

Player A wins $x for eliminating Player B and their own bounty increases by $y to $z

I haven't seen any examples since that information was removed where bounty information was included in either the hand histories or the summary file so if you have some bounty data in another format within your files please attach your examples to a Support Ticket. Thank you.

You're right about the auto-saved HH from Pokerstars not including the Bounty information - another person reported that in a Twitch stream this week-end and I verified this today. That would explain why PT cannot retrieve it. However, if someone requests the email tournament summary, the Bounty info is there. So it seems this part is Pokerstars' fault.

Couldn't check Bounty info missing in the tourney auto-saved HH with the example above since I can't find that Tourney summary anywhere: not in the Pokerstars directory, and not in Processed... another mystery. However, I have a new example from today so I managed to check this one out and the file was in the Pokerstars directory.

Here is what I found:

1. My notes on the true event and results:

PKO MM Main Event - 3440437746
- BI : $22 but satellited into (I don't remember how much, probably from free to $2.20)
- Finish: 2,363
- Entrants: 27,544
- Prize Won: $26.02
- Bounties Won: $15 (3 Bounties of $5 each)
- Total Won: $41.02

2. What the PT4 Report Export in Results->Tournaments / Basic->By Tournament shows:

My C Net Won, Net Won, My C Net Won Adjusted: $4.02 (presumably taking my placement prize won and subtracting $22 buy-in). Therefore the graph shows erroneous results. Calculations for ROI% also suffer if I'm not mistaken.

3. What we see if we edit this entry on the right side of the editing window:
Players/Entrants: 49 (incorrect)
Prize Won: $26.02 (missing Bounty or is this normal? This is equal to the value for placement prize)
Bounty Prize: 0 (instead of $5 Total or is this normal?)
Bounties: 1.5 (is it 1.5 * Bounty Buy-In?)

The issue with number of entrants on the right is a PT4 issue IMO.

My current workaround was to edit and fix the number of entrants, manually edit the Bounty Prize to $5 (in this case all my 3 bounties were this exact price), and set the Bounties from 1.5 to 3, as well as add the BI to the Prize Won, and checked the Satellited into checkbox.

Hopefully Pokerstars is contacted so that they re-introduce the info in the auto-saved HH - it's there in the emailed summary. Might be a regression from their part.

Grateful if you can add this to a support ticket/bug report. I would have added the exported report and the HH but these extensions aren't allowed here: .txt, .csv.
YashN

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:33 am

YashN wrote:Grateful if you can add this to a support ticket/bug report.

Can you please report this to us via a Support Ticket and attach the files provided to you by PokerStars. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4