is there a record limit for Hand Reports?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

is there a record limit for Hand Reports?

Postby josephlabarbara121 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:32 am

I am trying to run a hand report that has about 320k records. The query finishes running (the "Loading..." phase) and when it reaches the "Population..." phase eventually PT4 closes with no warning or error message. The report ultimately is not generated.

What limitations might be causing this issue?
josephlabarbara121

Re: is there a record limit for Hand Reports?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:15 pm

Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue and then attach your log file to a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

To access the log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder. Note that every time you close/restart PokerTracker 4 it will begin a new log so you'll want to save/send that PokerTracker4.log file before restarting PokerTracker 4 again after it closes.
Flag_Hippo

Postby josephlabarbara121 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Updating to v4.17.2 has fixed the issue with PT4 closing and not printing the report.

However the report seems to only have max 100k records. I will submit a ticket with the log to see if this is an issue with the software or simply a setting that needs to be changed (I am filtering the report for "Max Hands" so presumably I should be getting all my records?)
josephlabarbara121

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:46 am

This restriction was introduced to prevent problems caused by over-use of system resources when loading very large reports.
If you need to see more rows than that and your PC is capable of displaying them then there is a configuration file setting that you can use at your own risk. If you see any issues loading reports after changing this please revert your change.

To extend the number of rows follow these steps:
Go to File > Open User Data Folder in the PT4 menu, and then close PT4.
In the folder that opened find the file called 'PokerTracker.cfg'.
Edit that file in Notepad.
At the end of the file add a new section like this:
[Query]
RowLimit=100000
..and change the row limit to whatever number you need.
Save the file, and then run PT4 again.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4