Differences between fold to 3b

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Differences between fold to 3b

Postby nikolaouanes » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:48 am

Hi guys I am so lost please help:

There are 3 stats in PT4 about FOLD to PF 3bet. One is called FOLD to PF 3Bet one is called Steal PF & Fold and one is called 2Bet PF & Fold.

Now, if i create a pool report and I have all 3 stats and I filter for opponents lets say on the BTN, there 3 stats are completely different. How can that be?! By definition they are the same explained in Configure->Statistics.

Fold to PF 3Bet: Formula: Number of Times Player Folded to a 3Bet Preflop / Number of Times Player Could Fold to a 3Bet Preflop

Steal PF & Fold: Formula: Number of Times Player Folded to a 3Bet Preflop After Stealing / Number of Times Player Could fold to a 3Bet Preflop After Stealing

2Bet PF & Fold: Formula: Number of Times Player Folded to a 3Bet Preflop After Open Raising / Number of Times Player Could Fold to a 3Bet Preflop After Open Raising

They should not be different since BTN is a steal position! Why are they?
nikolaouanes

Re: Differences between fold to 3b

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:52 pm

nikolaouanes wrote:They should not be different since BTN is a steal position! Why are they?

They are different because:

1. 'Fold to PF 3Bet' doesn't require that the player raised in the first place. There is a separate statistic for that called 'Fold to PF 3Bet After Raise'.

2. 'Fold to PF 3Bet After Raise' is the statistic you are calling '2Bet PF & Fold' (which is how it appears in a reports column header). That will not be the same as this statistic isn't specific to steals for the player on the BTN since the BTN can 2Bet vs limps which doesn't count as a steal (the written formula you stated isn't actually correct since how the statistic is written isn't specific to open raises which would have been steals).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4