Unable to instal PT4

Postby matteo17 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:42 am

Hello

I'm trying to install PT4, but I'm getting this error messages:

-Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration
matteo17

Re: Unable to instal PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Is this a new install or a reinstall? When you installed PokerTracker 4 did it ask if it could install PostgreSQL for you? If so did the PostgreSQL install say it completed successfully or not? If you are reinstalling then this might only be because a database PokerTracker 4 thinks is there no longer is so if you can see a 'New' button then creating a new database may allow PokerTracker 4 to start. If not then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? If it is there is it started, or can you start it? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'? What version is it?
Flag_Hippo

Postby matteo17 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:27 pm

I try to reinstall but I still get the same error message
No, It didn't ask to install PostgreSQL both times and I don't see the PostgreSQL service in the list, however I can in the program that I have PostgreSQL 14 installed on my computer
matteo17

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:53 am

PostgreSQL v14 isn't supported and if it isn't in the Windows services list then it hasn't installed correctly either. Please uninstall it and then download and install PostgreSQL v10 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket where a technician can follow up with you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby matteo17 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 am

@Flag_Hippo it's working thanks a lot
matteo17

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:27 am

Thanks for confirming.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Ann0yingN1t » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 am

Hello!

I know, I probably shouldn't post this here as a reply, but I believe it is the shortest way to getting there. I have the same problem, only now the v10.20 of the database is no longer available for download, or the installer isn't. Is there another version that's supported in PT4 or how should I proceed with this issue?

Edit:
Flag_Hippo wrote:PostgreSQL v14 isn't supported and if it isn't in the Windows services list then it hasn't installed correctly either. Please uninstall it and then download and install PostgreSQL v10 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket where a technician can follow up with you.

I don't seem to have the file you mention in temp, although I remember having installed it once (not the first time confronted with the issue).

Thanks a lot in advance!
Ann0yingN1t

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:52 pm

Ann0yingN1t wrote:I have the same problem, only now the v10.20 of the database is no longer available for download, or the installer isn't. Is there another version that's supported in PT4 or how should I proceed with this issue?

You can download and install PostgreSQL v12 instead.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Ann0yingN1t » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:37 pm

Thanks a lot, Flag_Hippo!

it worked w PSQL v12.13 - and as u had mentioned already, it recognizes old databases that aren't there any longer. Creating a new one did the trick for me.
My first license went unused after I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong and gave up upon using PT4 xD

Thanks again - all the best wishes!
Ann0yingN1t

Return to PokerTracker 4