PT4 counting unconverted hands as duplicates

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 counting unconverted hands as duplicates

Postby liquidassset » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:03 pm

Hi,

I have an issue with my PT4 where a chunk of my unconverted hands are not being loaded into my database. I play on Bovada and download my HHs 24 hours after they've been played. I have the auto import set up and because it sometimes doesn't pull in all the hands by itself, I also usually do a quick "get hands from disk" and select my Bovada HH directory. Today, I was looking for a certain HH I had marked during play a couple days ago with the Ignition card catcher (which are counted as iPoker hands) and was looking for the equivalent Bovada HH with all hole cards available. I wasn't able to find it, and I opened up my Bovada HH directory to find that there was a large number of files that hadn't been processed. The dates on the unprocessed files were either from 2 weeks ago (1/13-1/15) or a few days ago (1/26-1/27). I had played almost every day in between and downloaded the HHs, so I guess those were successfully imported but these were not.

I've tried using the "get hands from disk" button for both the directory and the individual files, and each time PT4 thinks those HHs (5.4K hands) are duplicates and won't import them. I've also tried restarting PT4 and doing it again + using the setup assistant to import. Neither worked and after setup assistant, it put my HHs in "processed" despite those hands still not showing up. I've played 31k tracked hands on the site, so missing 5.4k seems fairly significant. Can anyone help with this? Happy to provide more details if needed.
liquidassset

Re: PT4 counting unconverted hands as duplicates

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:33 am

If the hands are being reported as duplicates then they have already been imported and are in the database. Have you selected the correct player in PokerTracker 4 to view that data? If your card converter is generating hands in an iPoker format then you will not see the Bovada downloaded hands if your iPoker player is the selected player.
Flag_Hippo

Postby liquidassset » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Yes, I always view my results as the Bovada/Ignition "Hero" after I download HHs. This has happened again to me today for a session I played on 1/28 - a couple hands I marked from the card catcher in iPoker format are not appearing under my Ignition Hero hands.
liquidassset

Postby liquidassset » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:32 pm

I did some digging and found that Bovada wasn't writing all the hand histories into the file for some reason. Going to take it up with them - will let you guys know if I encounter any other database-related problems.
liquidassset

Return to PokerTracker 4