Players hud disappears

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Players hud disappears

Postby tlballer » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:10 am

Yesterday my hud for players stopped working both in the replayer and when playing. Hud is still there, player holdings show up via the hud when there is a showdown at the table. Unsure when it went away, was fixed after reinstalling.

Today I hit the reset button on hud while playing and it just went away, I then went into PT and hit "restart hud" and it went away on all tables. I could try to reinstall again but I dont want to have to do that every day.

Thanks
tlballer

Re: Players hud disappears

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:13 am

If you are not using our latest version v4.17.8 please update from the PT4 Download Page.

If the problem remains please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
When you see the problem take a screenshot showing the problem and attach it to a Support Ticket along with the PT4 Support Bundle. Make a note of the time the problem occurred (or when you noticed it at least) and describe exactly what happened.

Re-installing PT4 will not affect the Hud configuration so is very unlikely to do anything that restarting PT4 wouldn't do. Neither of these should be necessary though, so please open your ticket if the problem persists in v4.17.8.
WhiteRider

Postby tlballer » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:23 am

I tried reinstalling now and it didnt work as you said. Im using latest version. Very hard to take a screenshot of the problem, its just players hud that doesnt show not much to say about it. Disappeared as I described in the first post.

I can see the hud logo on top of the replayer/table, even shows hands when showdowned. Just doesnt show players stats anylonger.
tlballer

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:23 am

Thanks for the update. A screenshot along with the support bundle will still be what we need to be able to see what is going on, so please follow the directions in my previous post. Also compress the hand history files from the session and attach those so that we can see exactly what was imported and when.
By default the original hand history files will have been moved to the Processed folder, which you can access via File > Open User Data Folder in the PT4 menu.
WhiteRider

Postby tlballer » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Apparently the hud was just loading super slow, taking minutes to load. When I set using last hands to "0" it went back to normal loading super quick. Thats why it worked first time to reinstall PT, because it reset hud options to use "last 0 hands"

I noticed it says this will disable cache and might cause slow performance when I change the number. Seems a bit counterintuative to me but atleast its solved.

Thanks for the help
tlballer

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:34 am

Thanks for the update. Yes, that makes sense.
The cache allows the Hud to look up a single value for each stat, which is really fast. Without the cache the Hud has to get data for however many hands you asked for individually and count up the values from each, which takes much longer.

You may prefer to use the "last x weeks" option (instead of "last x hands") which will display stats from recent hands because this does make use of the cache, so should still be fast.
This also means that the stats are relevant to every opponent's recent play and may make their data more accurate as people's style tends to change over time.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4