Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Donk bets?

Postby Viegaard » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:09 pm

Scenario:

Pre-Flop:

UTG1 open-raises 2.5BB.
MP 3-bets to 7.5BB.
UTG1 then calls.

If UTG1 now on the Flop raises OOP is this a donk bet in PT4 terms? Or is it only if the person that is not the initial aggressor on the previous streets raises OOP on the next street?
Viegaard

Re: Donk bets?

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:44 am

Yes, as I understand it the only requirement for making a donk bet is that the player was not the aggressor on the previous street, and bet before the aggressor from the previous street had a chance to act.
WhiteRider

Postby Viegaard » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:06 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Yes, as I understand it the only requirement for making a donk bet is that the player was not the aggressor on the previous street, and bet before the aggressor from the previous street had a chance to act.

Cause I have people on a few Discords im at saying:

It cannot be a donk bet if it's the initial aggressor. So if Person A raises, and Person B 3-bets and then Person A only calls. If Person A now leads OOP it cannot be a donk bet, cause he was the initial (first aggressor) and some say its just a matter of who was the last aggressor on the previous street (the opposite player of that leading = donk)
Viegaard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 01, 2023 5:17 am

The "aggressor" is the last aggressor from the previous street so any player who bets before the last aggressor from the previous street can bet themselves is donk betting.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4