Aiight, a few hours later here I am to post first impressions.
The software rocks. There is tons more of info but it's all easy to use and access and that is great. It is quite above my expectations - and they were high.
Some notes (some are more important than others):
- It made my computer suuuuper slow and laggy. Every new page or report I try to go to takes a while to load. And I didn't even set aliases yet to we're looking into 20~50k hands at a time only.
(btw, clicking on "Global Player Statistics" actually froze the whole thing up and it stopped responding; I had to bring task manager and close it that way)
- I love the visuals BUT they look pretty bad in my laptop 15' screen. Some stuff, like editing the HUD, get unfriendly because everything is a bit bulky. But even in the main screen; usually the text and buttons are so big it looks a bit clumsy overall with lots of sliding bars. I'd prefer to have smaller font and mostly smaller buttons (*especially* smaller dropdown lists) for a slimmer look overall - especially in lower resolutions (I have 1366/768 now and it looks really cramped for my tastes). Somewhat in that sense I liked PT3 much better.
- I love the HUD editor too. In fact, I think it's exactly what a HUD editor should be, with the drag and drops and instant preview. Big score there! I just thought a couple of things could be more user friendly - maybe like having tooltips over the buttons or so. I have used PT3 a lot, created my own HUDs there etc., but still didn't find so straightforward to use popup groups and positional popups, or how to add a popup to a specific stat. I'm think that will bit a bit unfriendly to the more beginners users without some help. Maybe the built in tutorial videos will help a lot there anyway.
- Under HUD options, I'd have liked to see a limitation on time, not only # of hands (on top of "stats from last x hands" I'd like to see "stats from last x months" as well).
- On the "play poker" screen, I love being able to launch the platforms from PT4. I would like to make the ones I don't have disappear though, as the list is a bit long and I'll only use 2 or 3 on a daily basis.
- I couldn't find where to view the graphs in full screen.
Well, that's it for now. Sorry to have posted here, maybe a couple of those could have been posted in the feature request.
Congrats for the great job; I'm much more towards really sticking with PT now than I was before actually loading PT4.
edit: oh, forgot to add: I really, really like the new "statistics" section. Really complete, big big score there too. Hooray.