First Impression

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

First Impression

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

I installed PT4 from network and took the 'default' settings pretty much all the way through including converting a PT3 db to PT4. Difficult to make any assessment on speed for the conversion, however CPU usage never topped out and mem usage remained at 105Mb. These are definite plusses imo.

My eyes feel like they're full of sand so I'm going to call it quits for the night. Gut feel, PT4 is a winner. Well done to the team.
PJs Ronin

Re: First Impression

Postby Peligroso » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:10 am

Happy to hear it from you PJs Ronin, I'm sure everyone on the team is! :)
Peligroso

Postby Furo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

Your setup assistant is for sure nuts, automatically know which sites I use and even noticed my exact preferred seats at pokerstars without doing anything. Great work so far! Will check the rast when the bug fix for my region is coming ;)
Furo

Postby Josh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks guys. One of our primary objectives with PT4 was to make it easy to use. We don't want anything to annoy users or get in the way. Please let us know what you think after you've used it for a while.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 am

PJs, your post made my morning :)
kraada

Postby yarri » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:51 am

Great day! and Great work!!! Thanks a lot to every person of your team!!!!
For sure, I waited for this moment for 4 month and when got registration key, was so happy - that my wife said:
"Seems to me u more happy than u were when our little doughter was born" )) Of course it's a joke, but some part of it is truth. :D

And I definietly will try to be useful joining the betatesting process.
yarri

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:57 am

We're glad to have you, Yarri!
kraada

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 am

I had a quite good first impression so far too :)

The config is quick and easy, and very user friendly. I just loved details like the new prefered seating graphical choice - it's damn simple but makes the software much more userfriendly and pleasurable to use.

BUT... it has been importing my database for 3 hours so far thus I couldn't check anything else yet. There are only 400k hands in the database and after 3 hours it's about halfway through.
Erlebnis

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Aiight, a few hours later here I am to post first impressions.

The software rocks. There is tons more of info but it's all easy to use and access and that is great. It is quite above my expectations - and they were high.

Some notes (some are more important than others):

- It made my computer suuuuper slow and laggy. Every new page or report I try to go to takes a while to load. And I didn't even set aliases yet to we're looking into 20~50k hands at a time only.
(btw, clicking on "Global Player Statistics" actually froze the whole thing up and it stopped responding; I had to bring task manager and close it that way)

- I love the visuals BUT they look pretty bad in my laptop 15' screen. Some stuff, like editing the HUD, get unfriendly because everything is a bit bulky. But even in the main screen; usually the text and buttons are so big it looks a bit clumsy overall with lots of sliding bars. I'd prefer to have smaller font and mostly smaller buttons (*especially* smaller dropdown lists) for a slimmer look overall - especially in lower resolutions (I have 1366/768 now and it looks really cramped for my tastes). Somewhat in that sense I liked PT3 much better.

- I love the HUD editor too. In fact, I think it's exactly what a HUD editor should be, with the drag and drops and instant preview. Big score there! I just thought a couple of things could be more user friendly - maybe like having tooltips over the buttons or so. I have used PT3 a lot, created my own HUDs there etc., but still didn't find so straightforward to use popup groups and positional popups, or how to add a popup to a specific stat. I'm think that will bit a bit unfriendly to the more beginners users without some help. Maybe the built in tutorial videos will help a lot there anyway.

- Under HUD options, I'd have liked to see a limitation on time, not only # of hands (on top of "stats from last x hands" I'd like to see "stats from last x months" as well).

- On the "play poker" screen, I love being able to launch the platforms from PT4. I would like to make the ones I don't have disappear though, as the list is a bit long and I'll only use 2 or 3 on a daily basis.

- I couldn't find where to view the graphs in full screen.

Well, that's it for now. Sorry to have posted here, maybe a couple of those could have been posted in the feature request.

Congrats for the great job; I'm much more towards really sticking with PT now than I was before actually loading PT4.

edit: oh, forgot to add: I really, really like the new "statistics" section. Really complete, big big score there too. Hooray.
Erlebnis

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks for your comments - it's great to get this kind of feedback, and we'll consider your ideas.

Erlebnis wrote:- On the "play poker" screen, I love being able to launch the platforms from PT4. I would like to make the ones I don't have disappear though, as the list is a bit long and I'll only use 2 or 3 on a daily basis.

You can already do this - in the Configure > Site & Import Options, on the Site Configuration tab, select a site you don't want to see in the list and tick the "Hide Site From Lists" option.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4