Initial Feedback

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny

Initial Feedback

Postby RayWilson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been playing poker using PT4 v4.01 for about four hours today. My first impresions are that it is an excellent evolution of the product. I had some fears about the interface and the way everything was laid out from the preview videos but am happy to say they have been dispelled. I find the PT4 interface quite neat and intuitive and is an easy transition from PT3. The default themes are nice and crisp.

The installation and configuration was easy and the setup wizard is very effective. It picked up all my site settings from PT3 (I user Pokerstars and OnGame) and I didn't need to reconfigure them. The first time I tried to import my PT3 database it crashed (13k hands, 106 tourney summaries) after importing 5100 hands with no explanation. The second time I tried to convert the database it did it no problem (importing all 13k hands having recognised the duplicates and with 0 errors). The hand speed started off at 60h/s at was down to 30h/s near then end. The speed seemed to decrease the longer it went on.

I have an "Observed Hands" database with over 1 million hands in it which I will try converting at a later point.

The program has not crashed for me again since then and I have spent a few hours playing on Pokerstars with the defaul Cash HUD. I have tried the replayer numerous times and with no problems.

Bugs

- When in game I used the PT menu on the table to try and tag some hands for review. I got a pop-up error message saying "Unable To Tag Hand" every time although the hand appeared to be tagged correctly and had the icon in the "Play Poker --> My Hands" window.

Observations

- I don't like the Hand Details pop-up window you get when you double-click on a hand (e.g. in the "Play Poker --> My Hands" section). I don't want to see a wall of text; the one from PT3 was much nicer to look at.

- The currency functionality is excellent. I didn't fully appreciate what it meant from the preview video but to have the stats in the currency played and also converted in my own currency is brilliant.

- I miss having a directory of players in the database. In PT3 I would sometimes browse other players who looked interesting to me but it doesn't seem possible to do this in PT4 unless you know the player name and add them to the list.

- I am not sure how the aliases work. I have two accounts with different names in Pokerstars and OnGame. In my PT3 database they were aliased together and I could see the combined stats. When I imported in to PT4 they were as seperate accounts in the "Player" field drop-down list. How do I alias them together again so I can see the stats combined? Do I need to do this to get a full overview of my two accounts at once?

- I don't know if I read this somewhere or if I am making this up but was there not supposed to be a feature to share hands on social media (e.g. on Twitter or Facebook) straight from the PT4 client?[/list]

Anyway thats enough for now. I hope to look in to the HUD customisation and reporting functionality over the next couple of days.

Regards

Ray Wilson
RayWilson
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Initial Feedback

Postby StevenM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:47 pm

RayWilson wrote:
- When in game I used the PT menu on the table to try and tag some hands for review. I got a pop-up error message saying "Unable To Tag Hand" every time although the hand appeared to be tagged correctly and had the icon in the "Play Poker --> My Hands" window.


What network and game type were you playing when this happened? If you can reproduce this, can you please send us your logs for further investigation?

RayWilson wrote:- I don't like the Hand Details pop-up window you get when you double-click on a hand (e.g. in the "Play Poker --> My Hands" section). I don't want to see a wall of text; the one from PT3 was much nicer to look at.


Right-click in any report, then select Configure Double Click and choose Opens Hand Replayer.

RayWilson wrote:I miss having a directory of players in the database. In PT3 I would sometimes browse other players who looked interesting to me but it doesn't seem possible to do this in PT4 unless you know the player name and add them to the list.


The list was an antiquated function from PT2, it was included in PT3 to smooth the transition for existing PT2 users - but it was no longer really needed. There are other options which perform similar functions, for example the Hero Vs Villain report in Results, give that a try.

RayWilson wrote:- I am not sure how the aliases work. I have two accounts with different names in Pokerstars and OnGame. In my PT3 database they were aliased together and I could see the combined stats. When I imported in to PT4 they were as seperate accounts in the "Player" field drop-down list. How do I alias them together again so I can see the stats combined? Do I need to do this to get a full overview of my two accounts at once?


To the right of the Player chooser is a little icon that resembles a person from the days of the Microsoft Windows XP user interface, click that to set an alias.

RayWilson wrote:- I don't know if I read this somewhere or if I am making this up but was there not supposed to be a feature to share hands on social media (e.g. on Twitter or Facebook) straight from the PT4 client?


You can share hands via YouTube right now, but the rest of the social networking functionalities will be added during the beta. We are not done working on PT4, more to come! Great to have you around Ray, thanks for the input!
StevenM
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Initial Feedback

Postby RayWilson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 am

StevenM wrote:What network and game type were you playing when this happened? If you can reproduce this, can you please send us your logs for further investigation?


It happens on a microstakes ($0.01/$0.02) cash game on Pokerstars. It happens every time for me so is easy to reproduce. I have put the details in a ticket for you and included my log files and a screenshot. The ticket ID is 115469.

StevenM wrote:The list was an antiquated function from PT2, it was included in PT3 to smooth the transition for existing PT2 users - but it was no longer really needed. There are other options which perform similar functions, for example the Hero Vs Villain report in Results, give that a try.


The Hero vs Villan report is great and I think this would be a fine replacement. One little thing though, I right-clicked on a villan and chose "Change Active Player" and it brought up the "Search Player" dialog. I was expecting it to make the player I right-clicked on active. It might be good to have a "Make this player active" option (as well?) and remove the need to search.

StevenM wrote:You can share hands via YouTube right now, but the rest of the social networking functionalities will be added during the beta. We are not done working on PT4, more to come! Great to have you around Ray, thanks for the input!


Thanks, it took me a little while to find this option but, yes, that's a very good feature! I'm really happy to be on the beta and looking forward to seeing what else you have in the pipeline ;)
RayWilson
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Initial Feedback

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks - I'll make sure the development team see your ticket, and your idea about right clicking in the Hero vs Villain report.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 53588
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

cron
highfalutin