Imported HUD issue with popup stats

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Imported HUD issue with popup stats

Postby StevenM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 am

petitpoisson wrote:i think we got a lot off work to run that HUD ..... :cry: :cry:

a lot of definition change exemple : holdem_hand_player_statistics in pt3 ===> cash_hand_player_statistics in PT4

we need to re-write alll colunns & stats ...... :? :roll: :twisted: :lol:

lets works on build colunns .... i'm affraid but it's a good things to inpproove our PT4 experience.... then we can play with customs stats ...

it's never late to learn ... ;)

petitpoisson - Most of the custom stats you showed in that image would be better suited if they were custom NoteTracker rules.

The changes in the database for PokerTracker 4 were made to benefit the widest number of users, of course when this occurs some power users such as yourself will be hurt.. that is an unfortunate side effect, but a necessary one to result in better database performance and a better user experience for the majority of our customers.
StevenM

Postby petitpoisson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:52 pm

StevenM wrote:
petitpoisson wrote:i think we got a lot off work to run that HUD ..... :cry: :cry:

a lot of definition change exemple : holdem_hand_player_statistics in pt3 ===> cash_hand_player_statistics in PT4

we need to re-write alll colunns & stats ...... :? :roll: :twisted: :lol:

lets works on build colunns .... i'm affraid but it's a good things to inpproove our PT4 experience.... then we can play with customs stats ...

it's never late to learn ... ;)

petitpoisson - Most of the custom stats you showed in that image would be better suited if they were custom NoteTracker rules.

The changes in the database for PokerTracker 4 were made to benefit the widest number of users, of course when this occurs some power users such as yourself will be hurt.. that is an unfortunate side effect, but a necessary one to result in better database performance and a better user experience for the majority of our customers.

i prefer use that statistics in a pop up .....& note that say me how strong vilain is when he made some action like C/R flop or raise cbet in 3bet pot ....
because if you make one note for each preflop action range ('limp , cold call , open raise ,3bet , 4bet , call 3bet ,........) you need at less more than 20 notes without vilain positionnal + post flop note

your screen need do be + 50" to see the pop up :shock: :shock:

in each hobby/sport i made in my life i like to improve what i use : know how it work , how i can made it better for me ;)
petitpoisson

Postby StevenM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:37 pm

petitpoisson -

A stat (statistic) measures the times an action occur relative to the times the opportunity for the actions could occur. For example if you put money in the pot in 19 hands over a sample of 100 opportunities preflop then your VPIP % would be 19/100 = 19%. A stat cannot measure the times something occurred without knowing the opportunity, for example an inaccurate stat would be to measure the times that an opponent 3Bet with A3s because we will never know the number of opportunities the opponent had to 3Bet with that hand - unless of course you are measuring your own play or your opponent goes to showdown with every single hand which is highly unlikely. We would need to know how often the opponent actually has A3s in order to make the stat calculation meaningful, without this information the stat is inaccurate.

On the other hand NoteTracker measures different scenarios than you can measure with stats.

NoteTracker is used to answer or measure one of the following questions
* Has a player has ever completed an action (and the count of the action)
* Ranges of an action (and the count of the action)
* What are the board cards when an action occurred

In general, an Automated Note can only be triggered when there is a showdown (with the exception of board cards), and opportunities are not counted - which makes it the correct option to count times that a hand was played. In short you would be better served using NoteTracker for the stats you displayed, because they cannot actually be measured as percentages. I hope this helps!
StevenM

Postby oblio » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am

StevenM wrote: In short you would be better served using NoteTracker for the stats you displayed, because they cannot actually be measured as percentages. I hope this helps!

Just because ranges can not be measured as percentages does not mean it is "better" to use NoteTracker. I agree with OP that it is easier, better, more intuitive, and faster to process the information to view these stats in a HUD grid pop-up. Personally I am sticking with PT3 until PT4 properly converts custom stats and popups.
oblio

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4