Hand replayer feedback and suggestions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand replayer feedback and suggestions

Postby Erlebnis » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 pm

First of all, the new hand replayer is so sexy it almost makes me sexually excited. It's just GORGEOUS. Love it.

Oh, and you seem to have solved the problem of low HUD speed. Now it's so smooth I don't even notice it's there. Superb!

One thing: I *really* don't like the buttons to "next" and "previous" hand to be so far away from the "forward one step" button. What that means is when we're reviewing a session or big series of hands there is A LOOOT of wasted mouse travel between those buttons. Now they are almost opposite in the window, meaning one has to travel down, click click, travel up, click next hand, travel down, click to see the action, travel up... you got the picture.

If those buttons were close to each other that would make reviews much much more smooth, friendly and effort saving imo.

////

Sorry to add it here but I think a new topic would be too much: I hate the new cards, BOTH within all the "view stats" and "play poker" AND in the (damn, forgot the name of the popup you call from the HUD, in game, for hand histories). They are just WAY TOO BIG! Even if you chose "small cards" (I found that) they are still WAY TOO BIG. I liked PT3's much much better. Maybe you can have tree options: small cards and tiny cards :)

(by the way, the hand replayer cards are perfect).

Thanks,
Erlebnis

Re: Hand replayer feedback and suggestions

Postby Erlebnis » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Ok, add here that the hand replayer could show equities for pre/flop/turn/river when it displays the showdown (btw, I love the fact that the mucked cards HUD now does).
Erlebnis

Postby StevenM » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Erlebnis wrote:One thing: I *really* don't like the buttons to "next" and "previous" hand to be so far away from the "forward one step" button.

The replayer uses themes, the theme designer gets to choose where he/she places the buttons. More themes will be available over time, expect themes from coaching sites, forums, and even poker rooms over time... many have been speaking with us about this for months now, everyone seems excited to create new replayer themes for PT4!

In the meantime if your a little adventurous you can reorder the placement of the buttons with a little XML editing. Good luck!
StevenM

Postby StevenM » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Erlebnis wrote:Ok, add here that the hand replayer could show equities for pre/flop/turn/river when it displays the showdown (btw, I love the fact that the mucked cards HUD now does).

Equities are shown street by street in the player's seat.
StevenM

Postby Erlebnis » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:30 pm

StevenM wrote:
Erlebnis wrote:Ok, add here that the hand replayer could show equities for pre/flop/turn/river when it displays the showdown (btw, I love the fact that the mucked cards HUD now does).

Equities are shown street by street in the player's seat.

Well, yes, if I do have his hole cards shown. Which I usually don't while I review a hand - either myself or with a student.

So what happens now is: I replay the whole hand and, if I want to check the equities, I have to go to option, click on "show known hole cards", then replay the hand all over to check street by street. It's quite time consuming for not much, especially in long reviews.

At the end of the hand, at showdown, the villain's cards are shown even with "show known hole cards" off (as it's expected). This would be a perfect moment to have the equities displayed somewhere. It could even be in the "chatbox" (or whatever you call the text box bottom left). Like: "Dex1967 shows [7d Ac] Full House, Aces full of Sevens [p 20%, f 50%, t 70%]" - or something. Anywhere would do, tiny numbers next to the players would do too, etc.
Erlebnis

Return to PokerTracker 4