Adjust session stakes and update cache

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Adjust session stakes and update cache

Postby Erlebnis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 am

I have noticed one more thing (also playing on 888): say I start playing on a 6max table that has only 3 people. The HUD is all messed up, just like it was in PT3. So I clicked on the HUD icon and clicked "treat as 6 max" (as I always did). But this in PT4 now means I'm spending the next 10 minutes without a HUD since it will be updating cache, stakes or whatever - everything but providing me a HUD.
Erlebnis

Postby Messenjupp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 am

Erlebnis wrote:I have noticed one more thing (also playing on 888): say I start playing on a 6max table that has only 3 people. The HUD is all messed up, just like it was in PT3. So I clicked on the HUD icon and clicked "treat as 6 max" (as I always did). But this in PT4 now means I'm spending the next 10 minutes without a HUD since it will be updating cache, stakes or whatever - everything but providing me a HUD.

I noticed the slowness of the HUD too..

Also can you please give me an answer to a question I asked earlier...does the automatic update cache also happen when I play? So is there really a chance that I cant import any hands while playing cause it updates the cache all of a sudden for 30 minutes?
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:07 am

And here we go again...

Wasnt sure how much I have imported so far so I decided to import the last 5 days of hands overnight. Right now is its 13:04 which means that PT4 needed 8 1/2 hours so far to import 8k duplicate hands....sorry but there is something very wrong here...cant use PT4 like that. Also notice that updating cache after importing some duplicate hands once took almost 2 hours. At the time I was not on my computer...so computer was not even in use that much.
Attachments
PT4ImportSlow6.jpg
Messenjupp

Postby Josh » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 am

I believe we've come up with a solution to this cache update problem. We won't be able to implement it before the holidays, but look for it shortly after the new year.
Josh
Site Admin

Postby Messenjupp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 am

Sounds awesome...thank you very much
Messenjupp

Postby Erlebnis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 am

Josh wrote:I believe we've come up with a solution to this cache update problem. We won't be able to implement it before the holidays, but look for it shortly after the new year.

Thanks. It does need a solution. Today I tryed to play a bit at 888; PT4 started importing again yesterdaýs hands (recognizing them as duplicates), then took some 15 min. to update cache and whatever.

It's not only that I had no HUD or hand history OR my notes, but ALSO the computer gets pretty laggy so it's even pretty hard to play (I missed my turn a couple of times due to lag or no beeping sound on my turn and then just gave up playing).

This is quite unacceptable of course.
Erlebnis

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 pm

We agree and that's why we'll implement that fix. Just as a result of the holiday season, we won't be able to get it ready and available to you until after the new year.
kraada

Postby Erlebnis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:37 pm

kraada wrote:We agree and that's why we'll implement that fix. Just as a result of the holiday season, we won't be able to get it ready and available to you until after the new year.

Thanks, no worries. You guys are doing a great job.
Erlebnis

Postby Messenjupp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Erlebnis wrote:
kraada wrote:We agree and that's why we'll implement that fix. Just as a result of the holiday season, we won't be able to get it ready and available to you until after the new year.

Thanks, no worries. You guys are doing a great job.

+10000000000000000000000
Messenjupp

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:41 am

Thanks for your comments, guys! :)

Erlebnis - make sure that the 'Move Processed Files To' option is enabled in Site & Import Options > Preferences, and if you have any old HH files which haven't been moved automatically move them yourself - that will really speed things up if the old hands don't have to be re-read every time you start an import.
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4