Adjust session stakes and update cache

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Adjust session stakes and update cache

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Ok..here is my problem....I was not much around the last days so I'm still working on a HUD and have not used PT4 while playing...but I already set everything up so at the end of a session I played on 888 I fired up PT4 and used get hands while playing...I made both screenshots at the same time cause they occured shorty after another...thats why they both show the same amount of hands imported so far. Pic 1 shows that all of a sudden after around 2250 hands it starts adjusting session stakes and also updating the cache which took almost 30 minutes..then after only 3 minutes and maybe 200 hands later it does the same thing...which is shown by Pic 2.

1. Why does this happen when I play? I mean...when its updating the cache it does not import new hands so if I would have relied on PT4 alone I would have had no hands for 30 minutes?
2. Do you rethink the whole auto update cache and give us a chance to do it whenever we want like with PT3? It is very frustrating right now...I mean I know that I usually do not import a lot of hands at once but it still kinda annoying cause the remaining time estimate is no where near accurate and also not counting down in seconds...like right now I have an import that shows 1:04:05 remaining time for the last ten minutes and I know that this will chance every ten-20 minutes...so I have no clue whatsoever how long the whole thing goes. At least as long as I do not get a reliable timeframe for the update cache thing I really do not like that at all..I'm totally lost and in the dark on how long that goes so I would prefer to do it myself.

Another problem is shown by Pic 3 (PT4ImportSlow1)

Usually its not that bad so usually it imports at least 30 hands per second but right now as the pic shows it 4 hands per second and it took a 1k hand file about 10 minutes to import..that certainly cant be it. I was away from home so I was able to import my 200k hands at 888 in those 40 hours but I managed to play some while away on my laptop and are now faced with this import delay..just takes forever.

Some useful comments:
1. HM2 was running too at first...so not sure if that has significant impact but I guess it can since both use postgres? I turned it off ten minutes ago but the speed only went up from 4 to 6 hands per second since then.
2. I have the latest PT4 version and around 50GB free space on my c drive
3. I use Windows Vista Home Premium and although my comuter is not exactly new anymore it still should be fine for using PT4...its an Intel Core Duo CPU E8500 3.16 GHz with 4 GB RAM and a 32 Bit Sytem...not sure what you need of those or if it is really helpful but I just looked that up ... oh yeah..and service pack 2 is installed...lol.
Attachments
PT4ImportSlow1.jpg
PT4SessionAdjust2.jpg
PT4SessionAdjust1.jpg
Messenjupp

Re: Adjust session stakes and update cache

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:59 pm

This one adds to the updating cache problems I have....while writing this now its 12.51 right now so updating the cache runs for about 16 minutes already but the thing is...its only like 4k hands max..its the hands you see in the screenshot plus the difference between 3346 and 2440 which is only 1k hands...so there is definitely something wrong going on.

Sorry that this is all a little crisscross but I'm just trying to report what I see when it comes up.

By the way..I have the problem of the import being very slow on my laptop too..but the laptop is definitely knew...only like a year old and it has Windows 7...but the import is sometimes very slow and updating cache occurs very often too.

Also....why does the import take that much longer between HM2 or HM1 and PT4...is it the methoud you use? It took PT4 80 minutes to import the 3440 hands while playng while with any HM version it might take me five minutes tops. Am I the only one having those significant speed problems? Is it because of the site and adjusting the stakes cause its 888? But adjusting the stake does not take that long anyways...the import itself and updating the cache does unfortunately.
Attachments
UpdatingCacheagain1.jpg
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm

And finally...

how does adjusting session stakes exactly work? Like how do you know it is 6max or nitring? Lets say that I sit at a nitring table that is currently only played by 5 players...so I'm the 6th person...after ten hands the table breaks up and I leave too...since there were never more than 6 players at the table...will this count as 6max or still nitring? I'm just asking cause after importing my 888 hands I realized that I have some HU hands and I 100% never sat at any HU table...I never payed headsup and I always exclude it from filters....its only 5 hands but its still strange cause again...I never sat at any HU table but I'm also 100% sure that I played more than 5 hands HU too...if I had to guess I would say maybe 100 or so...but almost all were HU after table breaking up..but after looking at those 5 hands I recognize the player as one starting tables and always sitting at nitring tables alone and waiting for someone to join..so there is a chance that sat with him and played those 5 hands and maybe left...so I guess the adjusting stakes works something like that PT4 goes through the whole history of the table and tries to figure out how many players max sit on it and goes from there....can that be it?
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 pm

One more thing...

if someone of the PT4 developers wants to take a look at it while this is happening just send me a message with your skypename and we can set up a short teamviewer session...I have no problem with one of you guys taking a look yourself if that helps.
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Just one last update...the pic I uploaded now shows the same import 20 minutes later...it does adjusting and updating cache now twice in a row after only 2k hands of import and its importing at 2 hands per second....HM2 is still not running and with a programm called wise memory optimizer I get the info that I have 1300MB of memory still free to use and CPU usage is around 30%...made a pic of that too...
Attachments
MemoryCPU.jpg
PT4ImportSlow2.jpg
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Pretty sure you get the pic but I made one more screenshot that shows that after importing 2k hands it did some adjusting and updating cache for over an hour...
Attachments
PT4ImportSlow3.jpg
Messenjupp

Postby Messenjupp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I sent the log files via ticket system...ticket number is 115576
Messenjupp

Postby Josh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

How many hands are in this database total?
Josh
Site Admin

Postby Messenjupp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 am

About 300k the most....but my guess is more like 250k.
Messenjupp

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:35 am

Messenjupp wrote:And finally...

how does adjusting session stakes exactly work? Like how do you know it is 6max or nitring? Lets say that I sit at a nitring table that is currently only played by 5 players...so I'm the 6th person...after ten hands the table breaks up and I leave too...since there were never more than 6 players at the table...will this count as 6max or still nitring? I'm just asking cause after importing my 888 hands I realized that I have some HU hands and I 100% never sat at any HU table...I never payed headsup and I always exclude it from filters....its only 5 hands but its still strange cause again...I never sat at any HU table but I'm also 100% sure that I played more than 5 hands HU too...if I had to guess I would say maybe 100 or so...but almost all were HU after table breaking up..but after looking at those 5 hands I recognize the player as one starting tables and always sitting at nitring tables alone and waiting for someone to join..so there is a chance that sat with him and played those 5 hands and maybe left...so I guess the adjusting stakes works something like that PT4 goes through the whole history of the table and tries to figure out how many players max sit on it and goes from there....can that be it?

Just to clarify this for you - you're right, since 888 do not include the table size in their hand histories we estimate the table size based on the maximum number of active players. If 6 or less players are involved it will be treated as a 6-max session.
We're in contact with the sites which do not include this information to try to persuade them to add it, but until that time we have to make a best guess. You can correct any incorrect sessions using Database > Adjust Stakes.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4