Hud - poor performance lately

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hud - poor performance lately

Postby random » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:58 am

I am starting to notice VERY poor performance with my hud, especially when I edit it.

For example, if I open Hud Profile Editor, it opens up fast, and loads hud preview almost instantly. But now if I click OK without changing anything, it takes 15 seconds to just close this window. I dont remember it taking this long with first beta I tried few days ago.. Because of this I experienced first PT4 crash yesterday, as I was editing my hud while playing. Also hud took VERY long time to refresh at the tables after making changes and clicking Reset. On some tables it just disappeared , only PT4 icon remained.

Sorry for not being very specific, but is anyone else experiencing similar things?
random

Re: Hud - poor performance lately

Postby tarix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 am

Can you let us know what kind of situation you are doing this in? Recaching all of the hud profiles is a pretty CPU intensive process and having lots of database activity is going to slow it down even further.
tarix
Developer

Postby Erlebnis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 am

random wrote:I am starting to notice VERY poor performance with my hud, especially when I edit it.

For example, if I open Hud Profile Editor, it opens up fast, and loads hud preview almost instantly. But now if I click OK without changing anything, it takes 15 seconds to just close this window. I dont remember it taking this long with first beta I tried few days ago.. Because of this I experienced first PT4 crash yesterday, as I was editing my hud while playing. Also hud took VERY long time to refresh at the tables after making changes and clicking Reset. On some tables it just disappeared , only PT4 icon remained.

Sorry for not being very specific, but is anyone else experiencing similar things?

I am, and I just took it to be "performance" issue. As a matter of fact, more than once the HUD simply wouldn't come back ever after the editing, PLUS PT4 locked up and I had to call task manager and shut it down.

So after it happened a few times I just gave up and always stopped import while messing up with the HUD, turning it on right afterwards. That way it works fine.
Erlebnis

Postby Dan_Jazz_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm also seeing this issue. It does take a very long time to close the HUD Editor window by hitting an OK button, hitting Apply and then Cancel gets you there much faster.
I also noticed that the HUD takes much much longer to reload after I apply changes in the HUD Editor (while having a table or the Replayer open) compared to just loading up
when opening a table or the Replayer.

There seems to be something funky going on after hitting the HUD Editor OK button.
Dan_Jazz_Man

Return to PokerTracker 4