Question about "My Day Starts At"

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Question about "My Day Starts At"

Postby erodas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Can someone confirm this is actually working? I think it is not and maybe that is why Report-Calendar day by day view (pic. attached) showing wrong number of games played and wrong profit?

Or maybe it is because my PT3 database was converted to PT4 and some hands were imported before the tournament start/end time bug was corrected (https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 06#p185266) and I should convert database again?
Attachments
PT4_20111220_01.PNG
erodas

Re: Question about "My Day Starts At"

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:14 pm

That time conversion bug could definitely be causing this kind of issue. Could you please try reconverting into a new database and see if you still experience this problem?
kraada

Postby erodas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm

ok, I'll do it tonight with 4.01.4 version (250k hands after all). Will post here tomorrow.
erodas

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks we appreciate it.
kraada

Postby erodas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:25 am

Converted my whole PT3 database and calendar view still shows wrong profits day by day. I think it is definitely because of the "My Day Starts At" setting. In PT3 I have set that my day starts at 7am. In PT4 I set the same. Yesterday (Dec 20th) I was playing 52 tournaments and today looking at freshly converted database in PT4 I see that I was playing 34 tournaments (Dec 20th) and 15 today (Dec 21h), which is wrong, because I just woke up and didn't play any poker and in pokertracker my day should start at 7am ;-)

And could you please implement European time setting option, meaning that time could be displayed like this 18:15, not only 6:15PM? Or that it could change according to user's locale.

Also when comparing these two databases of six months, overall my poker results do not match by 4$, which is not a tragedy, but looks kind of strange to me (database conversion was without any errors).

The last thing about filters in the left side of the "View stats" section. If I set any of them not touching quick filters, why there is no option to "clear filters" -- it is only possible when quick filters are on?
And why setting any of the filters doesn't affect "Quick filters" meaning that if I set "Buy in" and then go to the "More filters" and want to continue setting new Quick filter, I need to set "Buy in" again? The separation of these two sections is something unintuitive and strange from usability perspective. But "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c ;-)
erodas

Postby Erlebnis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:02 am

I'm finding it weird the "day starts at" setting too.

That's because I set my day to start at 7am. However, I've played a few hands last night (like 2am) and if I log today and filter by "today" those hands are shown as, well, "today". I thought the whole purpose of having the day to start at 7am was to have those hands shown as yesterday. ;)
Erlebnis

Postby random » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:24 am

erodas wrote:And could you please implement European time setting option, meaning that time could be displayed like this 18:15, not only 6:15PM? Or that it could change according to user's locale.

This. If you are going all international with currencies, then date & time should be shown in our own formats as well.
random

Postby erodas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

Erlebnis wrote:I'm finding it weird the "day starts at" setting too.

That's because I set my day to start at 7am. However, I've played a few hands last night (like 2am) and if I log today and filter by "today" those hands are shown as, well, "today". I thought the whole purpose of having the day to start at 7am was to have those hands shown as yesterday. ;)

exactly the same for me
erodas

Postby erodas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 am

random wrote:
erodas wrote:And could you please implement European time setting option, meaning that time could be displayed like this 18:15, not only 6:15PM? Or that it could change according to user's locale.

This. If you are going all international with currencies, then date & time should be shown in our own formats as well.

and if we go further, we can use comma "," for defining decimals too ;-) though it is not so necessary ;-)
erodas

Postby Dan_Jazz_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Erlebnis wrote:I'm finding it weird the "day starts at" setting too.

Same thing here.
Dan_Jazz_Man

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4