BB vs bb

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

BB vs bb

Postby yarri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:10 pm

I noticed mistake in column names. For example i open Results\Summary\Starting Hand report and i see two columns:

- bb\h - "big blinds won per hand",
- BB\100 - also big blind won per 100 hands"

Sorry if I am wrong but I always thought that "bb" means - big blind, "BB" - big bets,
I imported some hand and PT4 definitly shows Big Bets in "BB\100" column, but names it big blinds
The same situation exist in other reports.And also i didnot find how can I choose to show my winnings in
Big Bets in "Congfig. Report", but really need it, because I play FL
yarri

Re: BB vs bb

Postby random » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 pm

In PT4 they switched BB meaning from big bet to big blind. "bb/Hand" is a bug I think as its the only stat where it says bb instead of BB (if you look into stat descriptions you can see they all refer to big blinds.

Personally I would prefer bb and BB since we all know what they mean and people still play limit holdem, but they dont agree.
random

Postby yarri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 pm

random wrote:In PT4 they switched BB meaning from big bet to big blind. "bb/Hand" is a bug I think as its the only stat where it says bb instead of BB (if you look into stat descriptions you can see they all refer to big blinds.

but columns BB\100 says that it is about bigblinds, but in real, shows my winnings in Big Bets, that's wrong

random wrote:Personally I would prefer bb and BB since we all know what they mean and people still play limit holdem, but they dont agree.

fully agree
yarri

Postby antneye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I don't get why they don't give us the choice of using bb (for big blinds) or BB for Big Bets...like there competition does. As a limit hold'em player I want to be able to look at it in BB/100 but also look at my PLO play in bb/100.
antneye

Postby yarri » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Can we hope for an answer?
yarri

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm

antneye,

You can easily create big bet statistics given the big blind statistics we have - just multiply by 2. All of these custom statistics will work just as quickly as the built in ones.

We apologize for any confusion here - everything in PT4 is in big blinds as that is the value that the vast majority of analysis is now done in.
kraada

Postby prometheus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:16 pm

kraada wrote:antneye,

You can easily create big bet statistics given the big blind statistics we have - just multiply by 2. All of these custom statistics will work just as quickly as the built in ones.

We apologize for any confusion here - everything in PT4 is in big blinds as that is the value that the vast majority of analysis is now done in.

The weird thing is: you are still using Big Bets in all your "BB/100", "BB/hand" stats, just labeling them as "Big Blinds" in the tooltips. So it seems like everything in PT4 is in big bets ;) But seriously, like I have argued here, why not keep the distinction between BB and bb? It's kind-of a standard already. Why not have a big bet stat in addition to the big blind one out of the box? ALL the analysis in Fixed Limit is done in big bets...
prometheus

Postby yarri » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:44 am

Dear developers, sorry, but you must have too much work now or I dont know
why u even did not answer too my first post, and now also giving us wrong statment:

kraada wrote:antneye,
We apologize for any confusion here - everything in PT4 is in big blinds
as that is the value that the vast majority of analysis is now done in.

and this is correct statement:

prometheus wrote:The weird thing is: you are still using Big Bets in all your "BB/100", "BB/hand" stats, just labeling them as "Big Blinds" in the tooltips. So it seems like everything in PT4 is in big bets ;)

and i think thousands Fixed Limits players will vote for this:
prometheus wrote:Why not have a big bet stat in addition to the big blind one out of the box? ALL the analysis in Fixed Limit is done in big bets...
yarri

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:12 am

"BB" is the appropriate value for the game type - for NL or PL it is "big blinds", for fixed it is "big bets".
I will mention the labelling issue to the development team to see if we can get that tidied up, although to do it thoroughly across all descriptions, tooltips, etc, would make the labels somewhat more complex. Just be aware that the numbers use the relevant values for the type of game that you are playing.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4