Dumb dumb question - caching

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Dumb dumb question - caching

Postby Erlebnis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Sorry to ask but I think it's better to ask a silly question than to continue an ignorant.

PT4 brought changes to the caching; and, along with other users, I might experiencing problems with that (playing at 888).

But... what is the caching for? Is it only for HUDs or for the graphs/stats as well?

I ask as well because someone just asked me to analyse a database. What I would do in PT3 was just to import the hands to a new database and not cache it (since it saves a lot of import time). I'd look at the stats and graphs and that was it. Now with PT4 I felt discouraged as I don't really look forward to spend 12 more hours importing a database just so I can analyse it...
Erlebnis

Re: Dumb dumb question - caching

Postby Messenjupp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 pm

See my thread over here https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=37248

I play on 888 too and right now its not really playable for me...
Messenjupp

Postby Erlebnis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Messenjupp wrote:See my thread over here https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=37248

I play on 888 too and right now its not really playable for me...

Cheers,

Yup, I did see it, and it encouraged me to post my question. I didn't want to post there since it's a bit out of the subject.
Erlebnis

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 am

I think the cached stats are used in reports too, in both PT3 and PT4, although the benefit is not no high there and it depends on exactly which reports as to whether the cached data can be used or not, as some of the breakdowns will require more detailed information than the cache contains. (We can't cache every combination or it defeats the object of caching..)
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4