6max hands shown as fullring in replayer

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

6max hands shown as fullring in replayer

Postby prometheus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 pm

So I imported my PT3 DB into PT4. All went smoothly, except some old pre-2010 PartyPoker hands were imported w/o 6max tag, because there was no indication of that in the HH. So I adjusted the sessions manually to 6max. (Btw, is it possible to add some more filters to the "Adjust Stakes" function? It was a pain in the ass to search for all the sessions manually. I know you can sort by klicking a column heading. I have more like site + stakes + timeframe in mind.)

After that I went on to look at some hands in the replayer and was surprised to see that were shown at a fullring table rather than on a 6max one, the way it was in PT3.
prometheus

Re: 6max hands shown as fullring in replayer

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 am

It seems to me that the Replayer is deciding which layout to use based on the Automatically Apply Treat As setting in the Configure > Sites & Import Options > Preferences tab. It should ideally use the way the session is labelled, and I will discuss this with the development team, but in the meantime if you enable Automatically Apply Treat As it should not only use the correct layout in the Replayer it should automatically label 6-max sessions for hands which do not have that specified in the hand history.
WhiteRider

Postby prometheus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 am

I'm somewhat confused now. Is there a difference between "Adjust Stakes" and "Automatically Apply 'Treat As'"? I thought both functions would simplay add a 6max tag to the representation of the hand in the DB.

As I said above, I converted my PT3 DB via the Setup Assistant, not by importing the original HH. The "Automatically Apply 'Treat As'" in the "Import Configuration" is active by default, so it should labelled these session as 6max at the time of conversion to PT4. In my PT3 DB these sessions are also properly marked as 6max. Is "Treat As" not active in the Setup Assistant?
prometheus

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm

As we've found in other threads, AATA slows down imports considerably for certain players. We're investigating the right balance to take with this setting and its default behavior.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4