LeakTracker questions/bugs

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

LeakTracker questions/bugs

Postby bghfktu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 pm

After running LeakTracker (Holdem, low stakes, short handed, NoLimit/PotLimit) I have two possible bugs:

1. I click 'Small blind' and it says my 'Att To Steal - LP' is 0 and 'needs improvement' when in fact the 'Att To Steal - LP' isn't applicable to SB (since SB isn't LP).

2. I click 'Early Pos' it says my PFR/VPIP needs improvement although 'Your Value' is 100. Unless I missunderstand something doesn't less than 100 mean open-limping in a 6-max game?

-----
Otherwise I'm really impressed with PT4 so far!
bghfktu

Re: LeakTracker questions/bugs

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 am

1. The same stats are shown, so you will need to ignore any which aren't relevant, such as LP steal for SB.

2. I suspect that the range is checking for "less than" 100 instead of "less than or equal" 100, but I will report this to the development team - thanks.

How are you finding LeakTracker otherwise? Is there anything else about it that you don't (or do) like?
WhiteRider

Postby random » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:47 am

I find LeakTracker a bit too simple if I may say so. I started it and all I see is I have everything in green zone. Cant be that easy.

Right of the bat you could add overall scoring for positions so one can see how well we do in different positions without having to click on every position. Doesnt even have to be scoring, just if you could list the leaks in a summary type of view. Would be nice if we could run leaktracker on any opponent and quickly get the "summary" to see his biggest leaks while doing review or even during play.

Currently you are only looking at stats from absolute position viewpoint. I would like to see leaktracker also focus on:
a) starting hands( how you play broadways, Ax, Kx, pp, sc, etc)
b) final hands (how aggessive/passive you are with 2pairs sets straights flushes etc, do you get enough value etc)
c) how you play draws
d) how you play in position/out of position
e) how we play in pots where we raised/coldcall/3bet/steal/resteal

Hope you find any of the rambling useful :P.
random

Postby bghfktu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:34 am

If I should ignore the 'Att to steal - LP' for SB it would be better if it wouldn't say that 0 is a leak but I get your point.

As random says it would be great to add a summary of my leaks instead of having to click on everything to see where they are. Since I'm a fixed limit player converting to no-limit I have a couple of stats in the grey though ;)

I was wondering if you are going to have more extensive videos (that you can click on in LeakTracker) once PT4 is released? The videos right now only tells you how the stat in itself works.

I also think it would be great to have one video if my stat is on the low side and another if my stat is on the high side. This way you could give different instructional content with examples how a typical player with those stats should try to improve.

All in all I find the LeakTracker useful now (since I'm a beginner at no-limit) and it has the potential to be a great tool.
bghfktu

Postby random » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 am

bghfktu wrote:I also think it would be great to have one video if my stat is on the low side and another if my stat is on the high side. This way you could give different instructional content with examples how a typical player with those stats should try to improve.

I like this! :)

Also little bug. there is a small gap in the underline of link to Watch the  Video on This stat.
You also have an icon for videos in many other screens, isnt this a perfect place to make use of that icon as well? :)
random

Postby bghfktu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm

WhiteRider wrote:2. I suspect that the range is checking for "less than" 100 instead of "less than or equal" 100, but I will report this to the development team - thanks.

I thought about this some more. Does openraising in EP and then calling a reraise count towards the VPIP 'twice' (whereas PFR only counts the initial raise from me)? In that case I realize a value of 100 may not be optimal even in EP. If that's the case then I'm sorry for inventing a bug that wasn't there.
bghfktu

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Hands only count once for VPIP even if you put in money more than once.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4