Upgrading PostgreSQL, PT4 defaults to old one

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Upgrading PostgreSQL, PT4 defaults to old one

Postby random » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Few days ago I upgraded PostgreSQL to 9.0.x. Actually I am running both 8.x and 9.0 since I got PT3 db still there.

Anyway, there is this thing bothering me in PT4 that I am not sure what it means and something about default db creation behaviour.

I have 9.0 running on different port than 8.x. I removed all 8.x db's from PT4 and added new 9.0 db's. Here is my db management dialog:

1) Why does the bottom right corner still say I am running 8.4.7 when I dont use any of the 8.x db's in PT4? I am guessing Start/Stop service also default to 8.x that I am not using with PT4.

2) When I make new db, it will offer settings for PostgreSQL 8.x (old port that I set and its user/pass)

I would prefer if PostgreSQL settings would default to same settings as our main active/default DB is set. In my case it's 9.0 db (called pt4_test) so I would like all new db to be made with same settings, as well as the Start/Stop service to connect to 9.0 instead of 8.4
random

Re: Upgrading PostgreSQL, PT4 defaults to old one

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:12 pm

If you edit the pokertracker.cfg file you can find the default values for PostgreSQL set there and you can update them to the values you want accordingly.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4