Random Thoughts

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Random Thoughts

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:49 am

1. End of year is approaching and I'll be wanting to archive off old data and start (somewhat) anew. In the past, your competitor had a process whereby hands could be purged from the db but that player's stats remained. Is this possible under PT4?.

2. If I purge hands, will I also lose NoteTracker notes?

3. Speaking of NoteTracker, I seem to recall turning this feature off, but every time I go into NoteTracker it tells me it has processed xx,xxx of xx,xxx hands (100% complete). How do I turn this feature off, if I should want to?
PJs Ronin

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 am

1. No, that isn't possible. I assume this process is to remove the hand history text but keep the other data? That would save some disk space, but not all that much really, and the hand history text is only used for replaying or exporting hands, so doesn't affect speed of other functionality.

2. No - those notes are associated with the players (although if you clear and re-build notes then the notes would not be rebuilt since the source information would be missing).

3. Is the number of hands increasing? If NoteTracker isn't running I think it will probably continue to display the same information, and not look for new hands.
WhiteRider

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

3. NoteTracker is 'on' by default? Are NoteTracker notes available in reports or just the HUD?
PJs Ronin

Postby tarix » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:02 pm

PJs Ronin wrote:3. NoteTracker is 'on' by default? Are NoteTracker notes available in reports or just the HUD?

It is on by default but you will be able to turn it completely off in a future build. Right now you can only see player notes in the hud or replayer.
tarix
Developer

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

^^ ty

Looking forward to the fix for tourney notes not showing.
PJs Ronin

Return to PokerTracker 4