Filtering on player tags

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Filtering on player tags

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:45 pm

kraada wrote:Using this custom filter in the blue Filters link will get you all hands that went to showdown that included a player of the color whose number you put in for X. The numbers are 1 through 8 in the order you see them in your screenshot (1 = yellow, 2 = green, 3 = cyan, etc).

cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps, player p, notes n where p.id_player = chps.id_player and chps.flg_showdown and n.id_x = p.id_player and n.enum_type = 'P' and n.id_color = X)

Can I Tag all the players in my DB through stats / reports rather than manual entry with the Note Editor HUD option?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Tagging can only be done manually at this time.
kraada

Postby summy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm

kraada wrote:To make it include only hands that didn't go to showdown instead you use:
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps, player p, notes n where p.id_player = chps.id_player and not(chps.flg_showdown) and n.id_x = p.id_player and n.enum_type = 'P' and n.id_color = X)

Ah I was mistaken the first filter did include results vs players that don't have the tag.
I'd like to only see the difference in winnings/losses vs a tagged group and exclude any other winnings/losses coming from other players.
Should have both showdown winnings and nsd (+folded blinds).
Here you made the same thing for pt3 with icons for example:
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 18&t=29371

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:
kraada wrote:Using this custom filter in the blue Filters link will get you all hands that went to showdown that included a player of the color whose number you put in for X. The numbers are 1 through 8 in the order you see them in your screenshot (1 = yellow, 2 = green, 3 = cyan, etc).

cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps, player p, notes n where p.id_player = chps.id_player and chps.flg_showdown and n.id_x = p.id_player and n.enum_type = 'P' and n.id_color = X)

Can I Tag all the players in my DB through stats / reports rather than manual entry with the Note Editor HUD option?

I think you could do it with those batch files as well.
You can export notes within database->notes.
There is no autorating like in PT3 however :\.
summy

Postby kraada » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

If there's multiway play you're going to have situations where you have a tagged player and an untagged player with you. How would you like those handled?
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:02 pm

summy wrote:
kraada wrote:To make it include only hands that didn't go to showdown instead you use:
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps, player p, notes n where p.id_player = chps.id_player and not(chps.flg_showdown) and n.id_x = p.id_player and n.enum_type = 'P' and n.id_color = X)

Ah I was mistaken the first filter did include results vs players that don't have the tag.
I'd like to only see the difference in winnings/losses vs a tagged group and exclude any other winnings/losses coming from other players.
Should have both showdown winnings and nsd (+folded blinds).
Here you made the same thing for pt3 with icons for example:
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 18&t=29371

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:

I think you could do it with those batch files as well.
You can export notes within database->notes.
There is no autorating like in PT3 however :\.

Yes I see what you are talking about. The basic template for all players are the same & as long as they don't have any notes added which are encrypted, then only the name and color are different. The batch files can do a mass PT4 coloring.

I think using a same edited inserted note for each player template can be inserted as well for quick filters.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby summy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 pm

kraada wrote:If there's multiway play you're going to have situations where you have a tagged player and an untagged player with you. How would you like those handled?

Perfectly if possible I'd only want winnings/losses vs the tagged player, much like the hero vs villain tab.
summy

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 am

kraada wrote:Tagging can only be done manually at this time.

I can import players to color the notes into PT4 automatically but the problem that I run into is "parsing error" if the files get too large.

It seems that there is a limit of the notes import size ( or max players at a time) for PT4. Is there a max import number if that's the case?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:04 am

There shouldn't be a maximum note file size as far as I'm aware - are you sure the file is constructed correctly as it gets larger?
If you attach an example you think should work to a Support Ticket we'll take a look at it for you, but if this is something generated outside PT4 I can't guarantee we'll be able to help you (depending on the issue).
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 pm

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:
kraada wrote:Tagging can only be done manually at this time.

I can import players to color the notes into PT4 automatically but the problem that I run into is "parsing error" if the files get too large.

It seems that there is a limit of the notes import size ( or max players at a time) for PT4. Is there a max import number if that's the case?

I have the merged PokerStars / FTP color notes in relation with PT4 Notes colors all automated (undocumented state of course :) ), but have a few questions:

1 - where is the PT4 notes file located so i can check before and after state (postgres DB or a separate file)?

2 - Are the players notes encrypted in your notes file or can they be displayed in text format in some way?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Manually entered notes are stored in the note table of the database in XML; if you take a look at that table you should find it to be fairly self explanatory.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4