Changing the default positions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Changing the default positions

Postby mzaharia80 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:28 am

WhiteRider wrote:
mager wrote:So, just to make sure I got it right, This is how the second stat would look like:

Yes, that looks fine.

mager wrote:Ahh sorry for asking so much but I just took a look at the way PT4 uses "3bet vs x open" and it's different. Do you mind to explain?
If it's complex to explain, just let me know how to build this stat for "3bet vs EP open" and "3bet vs MP open". The rest(vs SB, BTN, CO) is already exists.

3Bet vs X Open uses a new mechanism in PT4.

The "aggressors" and "actors" strings are a series of numbers which represent the positions of each player to make an aggressive action (the "aggressors" string) or put money in (the "actors" string) in turn.

So let's say the hijack limps, the cutoff raises, the button 3bets, the BB calls, the hijack folds and the cutoff calls.

Preflop the aggressors string always starts with the BB position (8). On other streets it starts with the position of the player who made the bet. It then and records the position of each raiser.
So in this example the aggressors string would be "810". (BB posted, cutoff 2bet, button 3bet)

The actors string records the positions of players who put money in (voluntarily) in order, here it would be "21081". (hijack called, cutoff 2bet, button 3bet, big blind called, cutoff called)

So the expression:

cnt_p_3bet_vs_btn_open =
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '80%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '0%', 1, 0])

..says that the button made a 2bet (the 2nd character of the aggressors string is "0") and that the first player to put money in was the button (the 1st character of the actors string is "0").

--
For more on pattern matching (LIKE, SIMILAR TO, etc) in PostgreSQL see the PostgreSQL documentation.

I’m trying to create a stat %3Bet SB vs BTN OR and I don’t perfectly understand the aggressors string and the actors string. Based on what you are saying the aggressors string for what I’m trying to do should be „809“ (BB posted, BTN OR, SB 3Bet) and the actors string should be „09“ (BTN OR, SB 3Bet)

So the expression cnt_p_3Bet_sb_vs_btn_open = sum (if (cash_hand_player_statisctics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE ‚809%‘ and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE ‚09%‘, 1, 0) )? If so how should look like the cnt_p_3Bet_opp_sb_vs_btn_open?

I tried al combos and I cannot figure it out. I’m missing something and I don’t know what!

Please help!
mzaharia80

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:30 am

That is fine however you need to tidy up the brackets and quotes in the expression to make it valid:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%', 1, 0])
Flag_Hippo

Postby mzaharia80 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:That is fine however you need to tidy up the brackets and quotes in the expression to make it valid:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%', 1, 0])

It was just a type error. Thank you anyway!

Could I write it also like this: sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.position=9 and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '80%' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%', 1, 0]) ?
mzaharia80

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:37 am

If you want the stat to be only for the player who was in the SB, yes you can do that (and it will mean that the stat only counts for the player in the SB, so if that's what you want it's better).
WhiteRider

Postby Chanaldo9 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:00 am

Hi could anyone help me creating a filter expression in tournaments for just sb limp, and bb raise. Thanks.
Chanaldo9

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '88%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '98%'

This post has more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work if you want to filter for different situations.
Flag_Hippo

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4