Creating an alias for all HUSNG villains

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Creating an alias for all HUSNG villains

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:47 pm

It wouldn't be a simple change, but it is interesting, maybe we'll be able to make something like it happen eventually.
kraada

Postby benharvey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 am

Hey,

I' have been successfully creating player alias's for all villain's heads up using the method here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showp ... stcount=12

However, I have since imported other players' hands for session review and I get errors when I try to create the alias in PostgreSQL. I think the problem is the other players' hands in the population DB.

Is there a way to only export hands that I am involved in? i.e. some way to select only my username vs anyone (and of course only HU hands, but I know how to do that)? I think this is the critical step (when I export hands to create the new population DB).

Thanks
benharvey

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am

To export all and only your hands, click Database -> Export Hands, go to the Tournaments page and make sure you're set as the Active Player at the bottom. Click on any tournament and press ctrl+a on the keyboard to highlight all of them, then click Export Hands and that will export only those highlighted tournaments (which happens to be all of yours).
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

If I tag and export hands of specific players and then import them into a new database, Can I then create an alias for them all for that one DB?

I don't want the aliases created for all the DBs.

This would do the same job as the link provided in previous post.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 pm

You can't create aliases through PT4 for players who have played together. So it depends on the hands you're tagging.
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

kraada wrote:You can't create aliases through PT4 for players who have played together. So it depends on the hands you're tagging.

"together" means at the same table dealt cards, regardless if they folded pre flop or not? Altering names is a way around that in HH.

so if I make sure the aliases are not dealt into the "same" hand, my idea works?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Same hand means dealt into the same hand - we won't alias you to someone else if you were dealt cards and they were dealt cards in the same hand.

If you edit hand histories so that the names aren't the same then you won't have any trouble aliasing things together - though you'll lose some data of course from the hands you've edited people out of.
kraada

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 am

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:If I tag and export hands of specific players and then import them into a new database, Can I then create an alias for them all for that one DB?

I don't want the aliases created for all the DBs.

Just to confirm - aliases are specific to the database they are created in.
WhiteRider

Postby benharvey » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 am

kraada wrote:To export all and only your hands, click Database -> Export Hands, go to the Tournaments page and make sure you're set as the Active Player at the bottom. Click on any tournament and press ctrl+a on the keyboard to highlight all of them, then click Export Hands and that will export only those highlighted tournaments (which happens to be all of yours).

Ok that seemed to work, thanks. Before I was going to advanced and selecting site, buying, tourney type etc. I still had me as the active player but it never seemed to work right in PGAdmin when I ran the code.

However this way it is more difficult to filter for dates, buyins and tourney types at the same time as you can only sort the rows by one field at a time. Is there a better way to do this or an easy way to delete all non-HU hands without hero afterwards in the new DB?

Thanks
benharvey

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm

The list of sessions is configurable like any other report - right click it and click Configure Report. Add the stat "Average Players" and then sort by that column and it'll be very easy to pick out all and only heads up sessions :)
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4