Synching Hands Between Computers

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Synching Hands Between Computers

Postby bugeyebug » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi,
I want to be able to synch my hands between my desktop and my laptop computers. I found this link on how to do it:
http://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/ ... -computers

The problem is I'm kind of stuck on the concept of "sharing" the processed subdirectory to my dropbox directory. Specifically, the directions say:
"Just open PT4, go to File > Open User Data Folder, and then share the Processed folder with Dropbox."

How do I "share" the folder with Dropbox? Surely you don't mean move it there? How is this done?

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question, but I'm genuinely stymied.

-Bug
bugeyebug

Re: Synching Hands Between Computers

Postby kraada » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:15 pm

I believe this page on the dropbox site explains it.
kraada

Postby bugeyebug » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Hmmmm. I'm not sure that's really the type of "sharing" that the PT4 instructions are referring to. Dropbox directories can be "shared" with other Dropbox users, but I don't think that's what the instructions mean. I think.
bugeyebug

Postby tarix » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:05 pm

bugeyebug wrote:How do I "share" the folder with Dropbox? Surely you don't mean move it there?

Yes, you must set your Processed folder to be a directory inside of your Dropbox so that it will be synced to the Dropbox service.
tarix
Developer

Postby bugeyebug » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Okay, sorry for being dense about this, but I want to make sure I don't screw up anything. Here's my understanding:

1) I need to create a new directory in DropBox. Call it Dropbox\PT4 Backup
2) Follow the steps from the aforementioned link I listed, above. Specifically: "..open PT4, go to File > Open User Data Folder, and then share the Processed folder with Dropbox." What this means is drag the "Processed" folder over to my new DropBox directory.
3) and then....? Somehow I have to be able to tell PT4 that this is the new location to put all the processed files, right? How do I do this?

Sorry for still being confused... but, well, I am.
-Mark
bugeyebug

Postby kraada » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 am

To tell PT4 to move the processed files there change the directory listed for Processed Files in Configure --> Sites & Import Options --> Preferences. It's right at the top.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4