Missing copy options for View Hand Details

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Missing copy options for View Hand Details

Postby BustYourBR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 am

Hi,

For some reason, in v4.05 there are fewer options to copy hand details to clipboard. There is no longer the option available to copy the hand details in a normal text editor format so it's no longer possible to export hand details to a lot of programs (e.g. KeyNote, CueCards etc.).
Would be nice, if you would reintegrate that option.
BustYourBR

Re: Missing copy options for View Hand Details

Postby Tolp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 am

"Copy to Clipboard mode added in the Hand History Viewer to simplify the sharing of hands in third party applications including automatic support for AIM, Skype, Word, Evernote, Outlook, Thunderbird, Libra Office and more!"
Can you elaborate on that?

As far as I can tell nothing has really changed. I was able to copy to these programs before this update. It just seems that PT4 now is automatically deciding the format for certain programs. For example when I click copy to clipboard and paste in Word I’ll get the hand history in a graphical format but when I paste in Skype I get the simple text version.
This is can be convenient, but at the end of the day it would be a step backwards, when all of the sudden some programs like the ones OP mentioned don’t accept the automatically chosen hand history format anymore. You should make the option to copy in plain text (for users like OP) available again to avoid such issues, I think.

On top of that I would love to see an option to copy hand histories in a graphical format to Skype and other instant messengers. (I know that’s hard to do without the help of Skype/instant messenger developers, but probably not impossible.)
Tolp

Postby tarix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 am

Tolp wrote:You should make the option to copy in plain text (for users like OP) available again to avoid such issues, I think.

We copy three different types of "plain text" to the clipboard so that receiving programs have their choice of formats.

Tolp wrote:On top of that I would love to see an option to copy hand histories in a graphical format to Skype and other instant messengers. (I know that’s hard to do without the help of Skype/instant messenger developers, but probably not impossible.)

We provide two different markups, RTF and HTML, which Skype ignores. When they add support for either of those formats it will work automatically.
tarix
Developer

Postby BustYourBR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

In fact, the real problem of my programs is not that they do not accept the format, but they cannot read all the information. What they specifically cannot read are the hole cards which was no isssue with the former plain text format.
BustYourBR

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 am

Once the Mac version is released I would expect better integration with Mac applications.
WhiteRider

Postby BustYourBR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Mac applications? I don't use Mac applications and even Windows WordPad has problems with the current plain text format.
BustYourBR

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:10 pm

KeyNote is definitely a Mac application - isn't CueCard?

We definitely do not have problems on WordPad on our end, exactly what OS are you running so that we can test that configuration?
kraada

Postby BustYourBR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Sorry, I am using KeyNoteNF, which is not running on Mac.
CueCards is not running on Mac too.
I am using Win7 64bit, German Edition.
BustYourBR

Postby BustYourBR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:58 pm

kraada wrote:KeyNote is definitely a Mac application - isn't CueCard?

Btw. I did a little bit of research. You are confusing "KeyNote" (Mozilla) with "Keynote" (Apple), two completely different programs. ;)
BustYourBR

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I'll make sure we check and see that things are working in German Windows - my understanding is that this change actually standardized our copy method as it should be done according to Microsoft's documentation, so I'm surprised that we're having these troubles. But we'll look into it.
kraada

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4