rake question

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

rake question

Postby lifeisagame69 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm

hi,

On pt4, you put different stats for the rake (contribued, taken etc).
I'm a bit lost about these.

i would like to know how much rake i paid (i play in 5 poker site).

do i have to figure out what model of rake each site yse, or to use rake taken is ok ?

Thanks
lifeisagame69

Re: rake question

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 am

If you want to see how much rake you personally paid from pots that you won then that is "Rake Attributed".

"Rake Taken" is the total amount of rake taken from each pot regardless of who won it.
"Rake Share" is the amount of rake divided by the number of players dealt in.
"Rake Contributed" is the amount of rake divided proportionally by how much each player contributed to the pot.
WhiteRider

Postby lifeisagame69 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

I just want to know how much rake i paid.
lifeisagame69

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Those are the four rake stats available in PT4, depending what you mean by "I paid" you need to pick the right one. Different sites use the different rake calculation methods for different things, which is why we provide them all.
kraada

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:09 am

WhiteRider wrote:If you want to see how much rake you personally paid from pots that you won then that is "Rake Attributed".
WhiteRider

Postby Maawen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Would it then be reasonable to take the "won w/o blinds" and "rake attributed" and add on to the "won" to see my pure $win? And i assume the "won" is with blinds and rake attributed withdrawn?

And would it then be reasonable to look at the "rake contributed" to know, how much rake I actually put in the pot my self in terms of calculating my VPP/FPP on Pokerstars?
Maawen

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:17 am

Rake Attributed is the rake that you paid, so if you add that to your 'net won' that would give you your winnings before rake.
You could use the w/o blinds amount, but bear in mind you win some hands where you pay blind money, so totally ignoring the blinds you paid would be misleading in most cases.

There is a stat to calculate VPPs for PokerStars available for free download from the Download Warehouse.
WhiteRider

Postby apbabian » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Is Rake Attributed what the amount I've contributed to the rake or is it what all players have contributed to the rake?

e.g. 1v1 where I have put in 100 dollars in the pot and my opponent has put in 100 dollars in the pot. A pot of total 200 dollars that I win. 5% rake meaning I get 190 dollars. I have put in 5 dollars and my opponent have put in 5 dollars. Total rake is 10 dollars.

Would Rake Attributed count my 5 dollars put in here, or would Rake Attributed count the total 10 dollars?
apbabian

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:34 am

Rake Attributed is the total amount of rake taken from the pot, and only applies to the winner. So in your example it is $10 for you (because you won) and $0 for your opponent.
WhiteRider

Postby crustone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

i upped this post because im interested too...if i play on pokerstars, for example, and i want to see the total rake i paid for, the right one is "contributed", isnt it?
the rake on PS is counted from all players (i think), so "attributed" would be not precise...am i right?
crustone

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4