HUD doesnt work for Poker Maximus Tournies on Merge

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: HUD doesnt work for Poker Maximus Tournies on Merge

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 am

This was caused by colons that were used in the tournament name, but they cannot be used in windows filenames for hand history files. Since the names did not match, the HUD could not be placed.

MERGE is aware of this issue now, and they are looking into possible solutions. Hopefully MERGE will be able to address this problem soon.
WhiteRider

Postby ipman1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:06 pm

any update on this problem?
ipman1

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 am

As far as I'm aware Merge have updated the names of their remaining tournaments so that they match the table names,
If you're not using v4.05.7 Beta please update - PT4 Download Page.

If you're still not seeing the Hud please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can see what the problem is. Please attach a screenshot and the hand history file for the tournament along with your log files.
WhiteRider

Postby donkrx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm looking at the tournaments right now, I pulled up a table and the naming conventions are exactly the same as before.

What makes you say Merge changed anything?

Also, not sure what you mean when you say they made the "name of the tournament" match the table name. What is the "name of the tournament"? The one in the main lobby? The sub-header in the tourney-specific lobby? Or the hand history file?

At any rate they're still using the colon, and as long as they use the colon... no HUD.
donkrx

Postby StevenM » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:30 pm

donkrx wrote:What makes you say Merge changed anything?

We assumed Merge made the change because Merge told us they were going to make the change. We now know this fix was not made as planned by Merge, we do not know why it did not occur. We are as puzzled as you are, when we discovered this yesterday we contacted Merge but we havent heard back yet and at this stage we do not expect to hear back from them before the end of the series (our contacts are off for the weekend) .

We have created a way to get around the tournament naming issue in the future just in case this happens again accidentally on MERGE (or anywhere else for that matter), but we cannot test this alternative method without hand history examples from the Maximus Tournament series. We have been asking for example hand histories, but nobody has submitted them to us yet.... if we had these hand histories then perhaps we may have been able to compensate for MERGE's error in naming earlier - we cannot do anything without the help of players like yourself, we need your help. Its not too late, we still need the sample hand histories - please send them to us ASAP by attaching them to a support ticket!

Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.

donkrx wrote:Also, not sure what you mean when you say they made the "name of the tournament" match the table name. What is the "name of the tournament"?

The name of the tournament in the Loby and the table is different from the name of the hand history file name. PokerTracker 4 works by matching these two components, if the naming does not match then we cannot place the HUD. In some rare situations such as this we can in theory compensate for the mis-naming, but we can only do this if we have sample hand histories which allows us to reproduce the situation in our testing environment.
StevenM

Postby donkrx » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

StevenM wrote:We have been asking for example hand histories, but nobody has submitted them to us yet.... if we had these hand histories then perhaps we may have been able to compensate for MERGE's error in naming earlier - we cannot do anything without the help of players like yourself, we need your help. Its not too late, we still need the sample hand histories - please send them to us ASAP by attaching them to a support ticket!

I dont think anyone really thought you could fix it in a matter of days... and I didn't really understand why you still needed the hand histories when the actual problem was clear (I thought posting the filenames was enough).

I'll send in a support ticket but again I'm not expecting it to really be fixed by tomorrow, lol.
donkrx

Postby _dave_ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Such a strange thread.

%3A representing a colon is hardly unprecedented, and I would not classify it as an error on merge's part. In case it's gone unnoticed, the %2F is a standard encoding for / also present in the example filename: "PM #13%3A $7.5K Gtd - [1R%2F1A] (63443106-1)".
_dave_

Postby StevenM » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm

donkrx wrote:I dont think anyone really thought you could fix it in a matter of days... and I didn't really understand why you still needed the hand histories when the actual problem was clear (I thought posting the filenames was enough).

_dave_ wrote:%3A representing a colon is hardly unprecedented, and I would not classify it as an error on merge's part. In case it's gone unnoticed, the %2F is a standard encoding for / also present in the example filename: "PM #13%3A $7.5K Gtd - [1R%2F1A] (63443106-1)".

The issue is bigger than just the file names, we already support encoded file names yet we cannot determine why the two do not match because nobody sent us a sample hand history like we requested. Merge told us they were the source of the problem and were planning to fix it because this affected every tracking application, not just PokerTracker - regardless we think it should not have affected PokerTracker because we already support encoding of file names to support non-standard Windows characters. In the end we cannot be sure what the real reason this is occurring because we had no way of duplicating the situation in our test environments, sample tournament hand histories are critical to determining the cause.

For the record, this is as frustrating to us as it is to those of you who are affected by this issue. Everything we did long in advance should have prevented this.... our filename encoding methods work... this issue is uniquely caused by Merge - but we don't know why for sure.
StevenM

Postby ipman1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Poker Maximus is back and I'm still having the same problem... is there any update???
ipman1

Postby docaustin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I too am having the same issue with Poker Maximus IV. Please advise on any fixes...feeling naked :)
docaustin

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4