PT4 Database Schema

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 Database Schema

Postby kuafas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

When is this going to be available: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... ase-schema ?
I know I can see all the table fields in postgresql, but the really useful thing would be descriptions what each field mean (like in PT3 schema documentation).

On a related note, I believe the Call PF 2Bet [=(cnt_p_2bet_def_action_call / cnt_p_3bet_opp) * 100] stat is incorrect, because there are times when you cannot 3bet, but can call 2bet - i.e. when effectively facing an all-in (yours or opponent's). The same for Call [F|T|R] 2Bet.
kuafas

Re: PT4 Database Schema

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 am

kuafas wrote:When is this going to be available: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... ase-schema ?
I know I can see all the table fields in postgresql, but the really useful thing would be descriptions what each field mean (like in PT3 schema documentation).

I'm not sure when the PT4 schema will be published - I will see what I can find out.

On a related note, I believe the Call PF 2Bet [=(cnt_p_2bet_def_action_call / cnt_p_3bet_opp) * 100] stat is incorrect, because there are times when you cannot 3bet, but can call 2bet - i.e. when effectively facing an all-in (yours or opponent's). The same for Call [F|T|R] 2Bet.

This issue is in our system and is marked as fixed for the next release.
WhiteRider

Postby frakur » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Any update on this? I'm trying to create custom filters and basically having to guess my way through it.
frakur

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:59 am

We do plan to publish the database schema, but I don't yet know when it will be done. If there is anything specific you want to know please ask.
WhiteRider

Postby Mr Tiger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 pm

So, has it been made?
I'm making custom stats now, and database schema is very needful. I also have a lot of custom stats from PT3 and need to check them and properly convert to PT4 (or use corresponding default PT4 stats).
Many tables from PT3 ( https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT3 ... statistics ) exist in PT4. Do all of them have the same meaning or there are some differences?
Mr Tiger

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 am

I don't have an update on this yet, but I know that Kraada was chasing it up so I hope it won't be too long.

The meaning of database fields with the same names haven't changed in any significant way from PT3.
WhiteRider

Postby Mr Tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:34 pm

I have some stats, which give different results in PT3 and PT4 with the same hands imported. I'm not 100% sure, that there are some differences, because the number of hands, which has been imported in PT4 DB is slightly more than in PT3 (same raw data), but I'm almost sure. The expressions (for stats and columns) are the same, so questions are only about field IDs (not sure if they are called so). I will be grateful, if somebody tells me, which of the following fields have the same meaning in PT3 and PT4 and which are different (and what is the difference):
(names are from PT4; in PT3 they are the same except: "cash_hand_player_statistics" in PT4 is "holdem_hand_player_statistics" in PT3)

lookup_actions_p.action = 'RF' (or 'XF' or 'RC' etc.)
lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'RC_%' (and other variants)

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_opp
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_def_opp

cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin='P'
cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_allin='P'

Comment:

holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet PT3 description: "If the player 4+ bet (any bet higher than 3 bet) pre-flop, this is set to true, otherwise it is false".
Does cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet mean the same in PT4 or it counts only real 4bets (not 4+ bets)?
Mr Tiger

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 am

As far as I'm aware all of those fields should be the same in PT3 and PT4 - we do count all 4Bets and higher in PT4 as well.
If you have a specific example where the same set of hands gives different results for a certain database field in PT3 and PT4 then please attach the hand histories to a Support Ticket along with your custom stat(s) and we'll take a look at it for you.
WhiteRider

Postby Mr Tiger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Thanks for the answer.
One more quick question. Are position numbers the same in PT4? (cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 8 is BB? 9 is SB? 0 is BU? 1 is CO? ...)
Mr Tiger

Postby kraada » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Position values have not changed; those are correct.
kraada

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4