Filter: BU opens and BB calls

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter: BU opens and BB calls

Postby koreanchobo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 am

Hi, i would like to filter hands, where i open in the BU and the BB calls.
problem is that i only can select the position for active player, first raiser etc but not for a player that coldcalls, right?
koreanchobo

Re: Filter: BU opens and BB calls

Postby kraada » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:13 am

I think you can back your way into this one (you're right there's no direct route). Filter to times you Attempt to Steal and there are two people at the flop and you saw the flop it's always going to be one of the two blinds. If you always open the same amount then you can filter for the pot size - which is always going to be half a big blind bigger when the SB calls than when the BB calls.

For example if you open to 3BB when the SB calls there's 3 + 3 + 1 = 7 BB in the pot but when the BB calls there's only 3 + 3 + .5 = 6.5BB in the pot. You can filter for the pot size on the flop in Hand Details -> Post Size & Stack Depth.
kraada

Postby braveslice » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Really, this should be like the second thing one does when building analysis. 1) Select the action 2) select against who you play (vpip, prf, 3bet position etc...)
braveslice

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:46 am

While you can filter for the position of preflop aggressors using simple filters there isn't a built-in filter for the position of callers however you can use the following filter expression in a custom report to filter for a button open raise and a BB call:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '80' and cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '08'

You can use this expression filter by clicking on the filters link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters'. You will need to substitute 'cash' with 'tourney' if you are in a tournament report and this post has more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work if you want to filter for other situations. Note that this filter does not specify Hero is on the button so you will need to add a simple filter for your own position or add that to the expression filter using cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 0.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4