Hotkeys on PokerStars

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Hotkeys on PokerStars

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:50 am

PT4 needs to interact closely with the PokerStars software to provide full functionality, and this requires additional permissions which require being run as administrator. Without this permission the memory grabber and Zoom Hud could not function.
WhiteRider

Postby Zangeeph » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

WhiteRider wrote:PT4 needs to interact closely with the PokerStars software to provide full functionality, and this requires additional permissions which require being run as administrator. Without this permission the memory grabber and Zoom Hud could not function.

I understand that, but you didn't really answer my question. PT4 stops PokerStars from working properly if PokerStars isn't run as administrator. If I don't run auto-import on PT4, my hotkeys run fine. If I do, they don't work at all. This is a bug and I think it needs fixing.
Zangeeph

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:08 pm

In order for applications to work closely together Run As Administrator is needed. I can't give you a complete technical explanation, but due to the way the windows and applications interact it is necessary.
WhiteRider

Postby tarix » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 am

Zangeeph wrote:I understand that, but you didn't really answer my question. PT4 stops PokerStars from working properly if PokerStars isn't run as administrator. If I don't run auto-import on PT4, my hotkeys run fine. If I do, they don't work at all. This is a bug and I think it needs fixing.

Windows stops PokerStars from operating properly if it isn't run as administrator. It will not pass the keys through the hud window if they are not both running at the same privilege level. This is a security policy and not a bug.
tarix
Developer

Postby Zangeeph » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 pm

tarix wrote:
Zangeeph wrote:I understand that, but you didn't really answer my question. PT4 stops PokerStars from working properly if PokerStars isn't run as administrator. If I don't run auto-import on PT4, my hotkeys run fine. If I do, they don't work at all. This is a bug and I think it needs fixing.

Windows stops PokerStars from operating properly if it isn't run as administrator. It will not pass the keys through the hud window if they are not both running at the same privilege level. This is a security policy and not a bug.

Thanks for the technical explanation tarix, I appreciate it.
Zangeeph

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4