Population tendencies - 6max cash

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Population tendencies - 6max cash

Postby BetaTester » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Hello Guys,

I know it's been touched upon before but I couldn't find a clear cut answer so here goes... Is it possible to analyze population tendencies for 6max cash?

Say I want to figure out how often my opponents are folding to cbets at a given stake? Is there a way to do this?

I know it's been done for HUSNG, I found this thread on 2+2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/h ... s-1208561/ - On the ast page of this thread,someone apparently made it work for 6 max SNGs as well

but I also found this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/h ... s-1208561/, in which Kraada says that "you can't alias players together who have played in hands against one another".

So, I'm not sure what's going on..:
- Is there a way to analyze population tendencies in 6max cash games?
- If so, could you give me example? (say for instance global fold to cb% at a given stake)

BT
BetaTester

Re: Population tendencies - 6max cash

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:53 am

You don't need to alias players to do this.
You can apply a filter for the type of hands you want to look at (for example your 6-max stake) and add the stats you're interested in to a report. For example you could use the Results > Player Summary report and then the summary row at the bottom will show the totals for all players, or alternatively go to My Reports and create a new 'All Players' report and remove the Player stat so that totals are shown in a single line.
If you want to exclude your own stats include a filter for 'NOT Hero' via More Filters. Select 'Player is hero' in Hand Details then on the Current/Active Filters window select it and click 'NOT' Selected.
WhiteRider

Postby BetaTester » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok... now I'm starting to understand why people say these reports can be pretty powerful...

Thanks a lot, WhiteRider!
BetaTester

Postby potamito » Tue May 19, 2015 6:22 pm

WhiteRider wrote:...or alternatively go to My Reports and create a new 'All Players' report and remove the Player stat so that totals are shown in a single line.
If you want to exclude your own stats include a filter for 'NOT Hero' via More Filters. Select 'Player is hero' in Hand Details then on the Current/Active Filters window select it and click 'NOT' Selected.

Tried to do this but whenever deleting the Player stat i get a error message colored in red

http://i.gyazo.com/0ae8dc40c94e220281f1898e78ee3d53.png
potamito

Postby WhiteRider » Wed May 20, 2015 3:05 am

Please tell us which stats you have added to the report, and what filters, so that we can reproduce the problem and see how to fix it. Some combinations can cause problems - creating custom reports like this is pretty complex and having every possible combination work isn't straightforward.
WhiteRider

Postby potamito » Sat May 23, 2015 5:35 pm

http://i.gyazo.com/ff95fffedc131de36ffc4f5709b62912.png

And Beside the NOT (Player its HERO) and this...

http://i.gyazo.com/ec6dca22dfbb676017a152f48d86148f.png

I dont have any more filters
potamito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 24, 2015 5:38 am

You are filtering players out based on their individual stats so these filters will work only when the player stat is included in the report.
Flag_Hippo

Postby buttsexisaight » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

Hi,

I have quite a specific question about pop tendency analysis:
Is it possible to also analyse e.g which hands population coldcalls in certain situations (like EP open MP flat). Any chance to see frequencies and maybe even adj BB/100 in grid form? Or do I have to filter for every hand 1by1?

Edit:
Also can I filter out more than just me? I do not want to have the regs in there on who I have a huge sample. Any possibility? (Aliasing would not work as we have played hands vs each other)
buttsexisaight

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 pm

buttsexisaight wrote:Is it possible to also analyse e.g which hands population coldcalls in certain situations (like EP open MP flat). Any chance to see frequencies and maybe even adj BB/100 in grid form? Or do I have to filter for every hand 1by1

Create an 'All Players' report in 'My Reports', remove the Player stat and add the 'Hole Cards' stat in its place (along with any other filters you want) to see the overall population's range of hands shown down (there will also be a line for hole cards that's blank which is for unknown hands).
buttsexisaight wrote:Also can I filter out more than just me? I do not want to have the regs in there on who I have a huge sample. Any possibility? (Aliasing would not work as we have played hands vs each other)

You can filter only hands where the players have a sample less than X with this expression filter:
Code: Select all
player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( CASE WHEN (sum(cc.cnt_hands)) <> 0 THEN (sum(cc.cnt_hands)) ELSE 0 END < X)))
Flag_Hippo

Postby buttsexisaight » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks a lot.

Also tried to do it for tournaments, but failed. Could you correct please:

player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, tourney_cache tc where p.id_player = tc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( CASE WHEN (sum(tc.cnt_hands)) <> 0 THEN (sum(tc.cnt_hands)) ELSE 0 END < X)))
buttsexisaight

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4