Backup Hands and New Installation

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Backup Hands and New Installation

Postby kraada » Fri May 09, 2014 4:38 pm

I mean once the backup is done you still may need to select yourself in the reports to see your data. This would be done in the Player box in the left hand sidebar. Also make sure you're on Cash or Tournament ($ or T) to match what data you have and that there are no filters (nothing in blue in the sidebar).

I was asking about the size because that's one good way to make sure the restore was successful.
kraada

Postby essecento » Sat May 10, 2014 3:17 am

kraada wrote:I mean once the backup is done you still may need to select yourself in the reports to see your data. This would be done in the Player box in the left hand sidebar. Also make sure you're on Cash or Tournament ($ or T) to match what data you have and that there are no filters (nothing in blue in the sidebar).

I cannot select any "myself" from the Player Box since it's empty. The program asks me to "find the player" filling the field with my usernames but no signs. I'm on Cash, correctly.
No filters.

I was asking about the size because that's one good way to make sure the restore was successful.

I've a zipped file that i select when I click on RESTORE. Then the program asks me through some popups all the data i want to restore and I type yes everytime. The restore starts and and after 10-15' is completed. I click on CLOSE and I restart the machine... I start PT4 but I dont find any alias... only my Huds. :|

I'm sure I'm missing something. the backup procedure has been followed step by step I'm sure correctly. I really dont understand.

Btw the file is 2332mb.
I had approx 50k hands on ongame, 5000 hands on iPoker and more than 75000 hands on stars. 3 alias
essecento

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 10, 2014 5:13 am

essecento wrote:I cannot select any "myself" from the Player Box since it's empty. The program asks me to "find the player" filling the field with my usernames but no signs.

In the player list dropdown select "Choose new player" and start typing your screenname for the names to appear - find your name and select it.
WhiteRider

Postby essecento » Sat May 10, 2014 6:42 am

WhiteRider wrote:
essecento wrote:I cannot select any "myself" from the Player Box since it's empty. The program asks me to "find the player" filling the field with my usernames but no signs.

In the player list dropdown select "Choose new player" and start typing your screenname for the names to appear - find your name and select it.

As written before I did it but any of my alias appears.
essecento

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 am

Do you see other names when you search?
WhiteRider

Postby essecento » Sun May 11, 2014 3:26 am

No mate. Blank field.
I started a session and all is working fine, HUD is running and I saw immediatly my account and all the stats for the running session but all the previous data missing.
essecento

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 am

That doesn't look as if the backup restored properly, but the size would suggest that it has data - did you get any errors when you tried to restore? 10-15' (if you mean seconds) isn't long enough to restore a database of any size.

If you try the restore again and it still doesn't generate your old data please upload your backup file to cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, MS SkyDrive, etc) and share the link in a Support Ticket. (Do not post the link here - tickets are private)
That will allow us to try your backup and see if there is a problem with it - we can often recover data even if the restore doesn't work properly.
WhiteRider

Postby essecento » Sun May 11, 2014 11:17 am

10-15 minutes, not seconds! I didnt receive any error message mate.
The file zipped is 80mb. I'm loading on dropbox ty.
essecento

Postby essecento » Sun May 11, 2014 11:36 am

Ok WhiteRider I sent the support ticket with the dropbox link.

Pls help! :)
essecento

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks - we'll get back to you via your ticket.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4