Easy question for a nooby

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Easy question for a nooby

Postby kebabinator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 am

Ive played 10000 hands and all were played at the same stake and i would just like to know the simplest way for me to accurately determine whether or not i am a winning player when the whole concept of any rake is omitted.

Is it simply a matter of viewing my graph in bb instead of my currency or is it not as straight forward as that?
kebabinator

Re: Easy question for a nooby

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I'd just look at the basic Results overview by Stake and look at My C Won and look at Rake Attributed which is the far right column in the Basic view. That's the amount you paid from pots you won so if there were no rake you would have won that money too.
kraada

Postby kebabinator » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 pm

thanks a lot for the reply. Just one more question. Say the value of my australian dollar had dropped 50 percent against the usd since the time i began playing, will this interfere with my accuracy in determining whether or not i'm winning against the rake?
kebabinator

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:15 pm

It shouldn't; the rake is constant relative to the big blind and always in the game currency so while your winnings in My Currency would change for new hands your winnings relative to the rake are still going to be the same as the rake will also inflate (or deflate) the same proportion.
kraada

Postby kebabinator » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 pm

ok but in the interest of simplicity i'll over exaggerate something here to get my concept across. Say the aud and usd were on par and id played 500 hands and then suddenly overnight the aud dropped 50% and then i played one more hand the day after this drop and it turned out to be a split pot. when i look at my graph will it show a 50% change because of the currency fluctuation that i had no control over even though the actual hand was just a split.

Basically i'm trying to determine if my moves are winning or losing ones and i'd like raw figures that aren't influenced by fluctuation in currencies. Is there a way i can just see raw unaffected data.
kebabinator

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:45 am

If you want to analyze results you're better off looking at BBs won/lost rather than currency, although if you look at a 'By Stake' report you can use Game Currency instead of My Currency (for individual rows) which will remove exchange rate effects.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4