Importing Lifetime Database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Importing Lifetime Database

Postby setherson2 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm

I emailed Stars and got every hand and tourney summary I've ever played and want to import them all into my database. I have a decent amount of hands already in there so a lot of them will be duplicates. Will that be a problem? How long do you think it will take (I've played full time for ~4 years)? Any other advice for importing all this before I do it?
setherson2

Re: Importing Lifetime Database

Postby PropokerHUDs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Any other advice for importing all this before I do it?

Do them in small-ish batches...

PT used to have a big problem when importing vast amounts of data, which resulted in the import speed slowing to a crawl. They made very good strides to reducing this effect a few months ago.

However, I would still split the imports up into batches, import each one, stop the import, let PT do the database maintenance and then start a new one. I have found this ensures consistently high import speeds and also that if you do have a hand history file that causes an issue, you can quickly identify it and deal with any problems.

Furthermore, I don't know why you want to import every single hand you have ever played, but I would make sure you put them in a separate new database. I can't imagine you want to mix your last months results with really old results, or use 4 year old data in your HUD. And if you were to mix the two, the speed of getting your reports up from a massive database, when all you want to do is look at day to day results will be really slow.
PropokerHUDs
ProPokerHuds Forum Moderator

Postby setherson2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah I guess it's not really necessary. One other thing though...How do I delete a specific tournament history and all it's hands? These ante-up tourneys are messing up all my bb won numbers.
setherson2

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 am

WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4