Backing up database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Backing up database

Postby YellowYes » Wed May 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello,
I read the FAQ for backing up and restorting database. (via database tab--- database management---etcetc). My question is regarding importing hands from my other computers pt4 database. I mainly just want to copy a few thousand hands I have from my other database onto my new computer/pt4 database. I was not dealt into these hands so I cant just <select player> and go to Export hands under database tab. Will backing up whole database and then importing it what I need to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.
YellowYes

Re: Backing up database

Postby WhiteRider » Thu May 15, 2014 3:05 am

Backup/Restore will transfer the entire database exactly as it is. If you want to merge these hands into an existing database then you will need to export them (unless you have the original hand history files?) and them import them to the other database. If you know when the hands were played and the site and stake (or anything else to narrow them down) then you can use the Advanced tab in the export window to filter which hands are exported.
Alternatively if you know a player who did play in them you could select that player and export their reports.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4