after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Postby ollalla » Tue May 20, 2014 5:57 am

Hi i found a solution for me in my case i hace to disable cache in all custom collums which use "live_cnt_players" now the cache rebuild on my new created db works. I try a cache rebuild on my old db now and give you feedback then.
ollalla

Postby Neomorf » Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 am

Neomorf wrote:same problem. doesnt import, freezing after stop...

now rebuilding cache and hoping for a miracle i guess :(

ps: can't believe it's still possible to release an update which doesn't work properly in 2014 #sadpanda

Unable to rebuild cache.
Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size 8. CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "update_cash_cache_playerrange" line 12 at FOR over SELECT rows )

then

Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size 86296050. )

:(((((((((((((((((((((

ticket number:

pretty pls...
Neomorf

Postby Rain66ow » Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 am

It is a shame.
My computer had bugs during the update, now nothing works. I do not have even any more my old data...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Rain66ow

Postby Rain66ow » Tue May 20, 2014 6:06 am

And if I try to rebuild the cache...
I become crazy, please stop to do update

Obviously, the HUD don't works during this time
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Rain66ow

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 20, 2014 6:29 am

Sharrow wrote:could you provide a link to the previous version,like a rollback? until the problem is solved.

Rolling back to the previous version is not a simple issue when the database has been updated. It will be better if you could provide the information requested in your ticket to help us find out what is wrong in your case.

Should you want to revert to a previous version you will need to restore a database backup taken before the update ran and rebuild the cache.
We do not recommend reverting, but you can download v4.10.9 here.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 am

muszka wrote:Problem after installing the new firmware.
He set on the night - rebulding cache. (I could not work)
In the morning he found the commuter suspended - rebulding not finite.
From morning again the same action-rebulding already takes three hours (do not even know if there is some Filmaster status) Base 9308MB.
What to do? I do not want to let this update - want to let fast acting soft.

If your computer was suspended while the cache was rebuilding you will need to rebuild the cache again via Database > Database Management. How long it takes depends on the size of your database and the speed of your computer, as well as how many custom stats you can have. It is a large PostgreSQL operation and we cannot give feedback for every step so there may be periods where it doesn't respond or update - please let it run to completion.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Tue May 20, 2014 6:34 am

muszka wrote:Again pokertrucker August ceased its rebuild the cache does not work.
What does this have to be? Do Not want to let this new version. I have important games today. Want to let urgently previous versions.

The release notes clearly state that a database update is needed and that you need to be able to let it run to completion when you install the upgrade. If you revert you will need to restore a backup and rebuild the cache, which will probably take longer than letting the update finish. If you stopped the update you will need to go to Database > Database Management and run Rebuild Cache.
WhiteRider

Postby ollalla » Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 am

Wow estimated time: 27:31:41 :o :o :o for rebuild cache...
Is it faster to create a new db and import all HH again? I also could update to postgresql 9.3 then.

edit: ok its going down to 9:57:45 maybe i let him do
Last edited by ollalla on Tue May 20, 2014 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ollalla

Postby vigor1 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:37 am

How much time to update a db of about 400k hands? i made a lot of autonote, does this fact affect the update? thx and sorry for my bad english
vigor1

Postby Mike_ » Tue May 20, 2014 6:43 am

WhiteRider wrote:
Mike_ wrote:It *may* solve my problem ? Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence !

Ok , I've started the rebuild now - its just sat there not responding Is that normal ? Shouldn't I get a message saying rebuilding or something ?

My database is 16gb ; how long will this take ? I left last night's update rebuilding overnight - didn't that work?

The cache update for a database of that size will likely take a few hours. Is it possible that your computer rebooted itself overnight? Was PT4 still running in the morning? A forced reboot would have interrupted the update process, and it needs to run uninterrupted. Make sure that your computer doesn't reboot, and if it's a laptop that it doesn't go to sleep, or otherwise interrupt the process.

Pokertracker was still open when I got up this morning. I'm a big fan of PT4 but please don't infer this is my mistake.

I'm now re-indexing ; elapsed time 1hour35. Estimated type unknown :?
Mike_

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4