after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Postby schrisos » Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 am

so, i have to say something, hope it helps....

first i Exported my Hands from all my databases.
second i deleted all the databases.
third i deleted postgres 9.0 and installed 9.3 64bit Version.
fours i installed the new pt4 Version.
fifth i created a new database, and Import my exported Hands from before. this i did so with any databases i had before the update.

rebuild Cache for all and everything works fine!! and even a little bit faster then before the update

thanks
schrisos

Postby potamito » Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 am

This is extremly tilting, two updates and still having issues, 100% sure PT4 have cost me a lot more than what i paid for it
potamito

Postby kraada » Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 am

djo1: We are actively working on fixes and we are releasing them as soon as we have them. Several issues are now resolved and we expect to continue to make good progress. If you don't have a ticket, please open one so that we can make sure you are personally notified when your issues are fixed. Downgrades are not recommended due to the nature of the upgrade.

FKU: We have a 14 day refund policy.

schrisos: Thanks for the update.

potamito: Do you have a ticket? If not, please open one so that we can look into your particular issues.
kraada

Postby potamito » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 am

kraada wrote:potamito: Do you have a ticket? If not, please open one so that we can look into your particular issues.

Ticket number 152277
potamito

Postby FKU » Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 am

So you feel like this is completely normal software development? Imagine Windows would become unusable for weeks out of nowhere and then says "its ok guys, we are working on it, dont worry about all the money you lost"

wow...
FKU

Postby vodkahaze » Mon May 26, 2014 12:42 pm

WhiteRider wrote:
vodkahaze wrote:detuned postogre, tried to rebuild cache after getting imports of 1 hand/5minute. Error as follows:

Unable to rebuild cache.
Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: could not read from hash-join temporary file: No error CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "update_cash_cache_playerrange" line 12 at FOR over SELECT rows )

Might relate to custom stats

Please open a Support Ticket with this information and we'll work with you directly to get your PostgreSQL config set up properly.

I already have a support ticket it hasnt been answered in 2 days
vodkahaze

Postby nereik » Mon May 26, 2014 12:55 pm

152637 (in case it's still of use)
nereik

Postby bennybills » Mon May 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

PT4 update done properly, have same problems as others. Looked for solutions in forum. Manually uninstalled postgre and tried to reinstall but now im getting error message unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path when i begin installing any postgre download. So first was my PT4 wasnt functional now Im searching the web for solutions to this error and Im no programmer. So anything else I do will make it worse so Im done. I really dont care if I lose my database just please help me to get this working again.....outraged and I already sent you a support ticket when my problem was 7/10 on the bad scale, now its 14/10 FML
bennybills

Postby kraada » Mon May 26, 2014 2:24 pm

vodkahaze: Your ticket is in the right place and that issue is being investigated. Thank you for working with us.

bennybills: This is one reason why we don't recommend uninstalling PostgreSQL without being directed to do so by support. Please create a new folder called PostgreSQL on the root of your C drive (so it's C:\PostgreSQL). Uninstall whatever version of PostgreSQL you have installed now and re-run the installer on that directory and it will likely work better.
kraada

Postby bennybills » Mon May 26, 2014 4:12 pm

kraada wrote:vodkahaze: Your ticket is in the right place and that issue is being investigated. Thank you for working with us.

bennybills: This is one reason why we don't recommend uninstalling PostgreSQL without being directed to do so by support. Please create a new folder called PostgreSQL on the root of your C drive (so it's C:\PostgreSQL). Uninstall whatever version of PostgreSQL you have installed now and re-run the installer on that directory and it will likely work better.

could you give me more details on the how to of this? i only did it because i saw it worked for someone else...and im desperate in this desperate situation...how do you rerun the installer on that directory? think i did it right i dragged the download file to the new folder on the C drive and I got this error message:an error occurred executing the microsoftVC++ runtime installer...omg i think suicide is the only option
bennybills

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4