after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Postby asf123 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi,

Same problem here aswell, ticket number: 152621

I've started a cache rebuild, however I didn't see the "tune postsql" trick before browsing through this topic (this is far quicker than cache rebuild and prob should be done first, right?).

If the order of 1) tune sql 2) rebuild cache is of significance, maybe a sticky topic could make it easier for new users experiencing this.

Thanks!
asf123

Postby kraada » Mon May 26, 2014 5:10 pm

bennybills wrote:could you give me more details on the how to of this? i only did it because i saw it worked for someone else...and im desperate in this desperate situation...how do you rerun the installer on that directory? think i did it right i dragged the download file to the new folder on the C drive and I got this error message:an error occurred executing the microsoftVC++ runtime installer...omg i think suicide is the only option

First, uninstall whatever is installed now. Then click Start, click My Computer and go to the C drive. Click "new Folder" in the bar near the top. Type in PostgreSQL and hit enter. Then run the installer again and when it prompts for where to install (on the second or third screen) choose that folder.
kraada

Postby bennybills » Mon May 26, 2014 11:16 pm

kraada wrote:
bennybills wrote:could you give me more details on the how to of this? i only did it because i saw it worked for someone else...and im desperate in this desperate situation...how do you rerun the installer on that directory? think i did it right i dragged the download file to the new folder on the C drive and I got this error message:an error occurred executing the microsoftVC++ runtime installer...omg i think suicide is the only option

First, uninstall whatever is installed now. Then click Start, click My Computer and go to the C drive. Click "new Folder" in the bar near the top. Type in PostgreSQL and hit enter. Then run the installer again and when it prompts for where to install (on the second or third screen) choose that folder.

still getting this: error message:an error occurred executing the microsoftVC++ runtime installer. the installer is not even loading for me just get first pop up logo then the error message...
bennybills

Postby djo1 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:55 am

kraada wrote:djo1: Downgrades are not recommended due to the nature of the upgrade.

The upgrade is making PT unusable for me for days now. Please look into the possibility of downgrading, this is insane.
djo1

Postby bennybills » Tue May 27, 2014 4:33 am

since the postgre uninstall disaster i had to completely recover and revert my pc to factory settings. lost all HHs and notes on sites :((((( but its worth it if PT4 works again. some issues now but the situation seems to be improving...
bennybills

Postby kraada » Tue May 27, 2014 7:35 am

benny: Let me know if you still have trouble.
kraada

Postby Leokuniyo » Tue May 27, 2014 8:32 am

Hi,

I’ve got a back up for my computer in time machine before I update my pt4 to 4.11 and 4.11.2.

Is there any way that I could restore the older version that is saved inside my backup, please guide me through this if possible.

Thanks
Leokuniyo

Postby kraada » Tue May 27, 2014 9:21 am

I have been told that we are hoping to release a patch today for the slow import issue. If that is the only issue affecting you, I would encourage you to wait for 4.11.3 which we are hoping will solve your problems.

If you otherwise have a backup from before upgrading to 4.11, you can install 4.10.9 from here and restore your backup from File -> Restore.
kraada

Postby Leokuniyo » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks kraada for the notice, my backup before I update to 4.11 was for the whole computer using time machine (I did not back up from pt4 data management -> backup), in this case, can I revert? If yes, what is the folder that i need to restore from my time machine? For the meantime I'll just wait for the new patch to come out.
Leokuniyo

Postby djo1 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am

kraada wrote:I have been told that we are hoping to release a patch today for the slow import issue.

Kraada are you guys really putting efforts in to a slow import issue?

The HUD is %100 NOT WORKING for many of us, FOR DAYS now. This is a DISASTER that has cost me THOUSANDS.
djo1

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4