after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: after update to 4.11 PT4 doesn't work

Postby mkjmkjmkj » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:32 am

if i export my hud popupgroups and import them again then the stats start working.
mkjmkjmkj

Postby mkjmkjmkj » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:05 am

after a litle bit of trial and error i found the stat that was causing the problem it was a fold to delayed cbet stat if i was setting it to has position it made all the other custum stats not work.but setting it to out of position there was no problem.
mkjmkjmkj

Postby kraada » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks for that -- please attach the stat in question to a support ticket so that we can attempt to reproduce and then fix whatever is causing this behavior.
kraada

Postby pasita » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 am

kraada wrote:pasita, we don't support hacking at our stats files with a hex editor and would recommend not doing it at all.

I'm sure you don't:)
I used the hex editor to find out why some of my custom stats weren't working. They had a "1F" (unit separator) character somehow embedded in the middle of the column name, and while the stats worked in replayer (uncached, I believe?), they didn't work in game play (caching them failed). That character is invisible in PT stats editor and Notepad, but for example Notepad++ shows the character as "US", white on a black background.
pasita

Postby fnopeaw » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:34 pm

I have been losing so much money due to the wrong display of HUD. I realized now that the stats are not displaying correct numbers. You can't trust in hud anymore. You're warned.
fnopeaw

Postby McWombo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Just opened a support ticket with ticket_id=153786.

No HUD showing for any players, including Hero, on 888poker SNAP tables after update from v4.10.9 to v4.11.8.
McWombo

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 am

888 has provided a special player positioning file for their SNAP Poker games. In a normal ring or tournament game PokerTracker gets this information from the hand history which is stored at the end of each hand. SNAP Poker games are different, since there are new players seated in each seat at the start of each hand a player positioning file is needed to allow PokerTracker 4 to determine which player is seated in each chair at the start of each hand. Without this positioning file, the HUD cannot work.

When 888 was still in the development stage for this game time, before SNAP Poker was released, the staff of PokerTracker consulted with 888 to assure that a HUD would be present anytime the positioning file existed. At the time, 888 told us that their policy would be to allow HUDs at Tournament tables, but not cash game tables. We did not expect to see the positioning file appear at cash game tables, our intention was to only support tournaments but it appears that this positioning file remained enabled by 888 for cash game tables. We believe this may have been an error on 888's part because their policy has been to not permit HUDs at SNAP cash game tables, all along the HUD should have only been supported at Tournament tables but PokerTracker 4 users were able to use the HUD at cash game tables unintentionally because the positioning file was present.

This past week it was discovered that 888 no longer stores the positioning file for cash games, which means 888's positioning file accessibility now complies with their HUD policy in SNAP cash and tournament games. PokerTracker has always intended to follow 888's SNAP HUD policy, the availability of the HUD at SNAP cash games was only a side effect of the data provided, it was never our intention to offer this feature.

Please contact 888's support with any questions regarding their SNAP cash game HUD policies, all questions on this topic should be directed to 888 directly. PokerTracker respects 888's decision, our intention all along has been to follow 888's policy at all steps of the SNAP HUD development process. Thank you for your understanding
WhiteRider

Postby Jooocker » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:47 am

Hi. I also have a problem after updating to 4.11.8. HUD is not working at all. I tried to Rebuild Cache at first but got fatal errors. After that i remembered that some time ago i'd changed shared_buffers, work_mem and so on in C:\postgreSQL\data folder. I changed them all back to default and was able to Rebuild Cache. So after 10+ hours of rebuilding it was done. And nothing changed, HUD is still not working. Please help. And i've already opened a ticket: Support Ticket #153751 but there's pretty much the same as i said here. Need help. ;/
Jooocker

Postby kraada » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 am

We'll keep working with you in your ticket. One thing you could add to your ticket that would help is a log file showing the problem. To create the log restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder.
kraada

Postby xsptx » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:26 am

I have the exact same problem as "Jooocker" where the HUD doesn't come up at all and it doesn't import any hands even though it says it opens the hand history file. Also, the whole of pokertracker starts to freeze up and slow down my whole computer.

I have the latest update V4.11.8

My ticket ID is 153769.
xsptx

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4