Database ulpdate for version 4.11

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Database ulpdate for version 4.11

Postby whiskyjohn » Fri May 23, 2014 8:24 am

musashi87 wrote:Fortunately the update finished in time so I don't have to worry about it crushing while in sleep mode. Relocating 2 more GB of my SSD to SQL database partition did the trick apparently it failed yesterday because i was lacking this little bit of space for cluster operation - that could really be a problem in the future when my database grows and will occupy more than half of the partition.

That's my concern as well. It would be nice if certain database maintenance options didn't take up space nearly equal in size to the database itself.
It is unreasonable to keep so much free space on the drive just for maintenance operations. It is also unreasonable NOT to be able to direct such
operations to another partition/drive if necessary. Unfortunately, these seem to be more Postgresql issues than PokerTracker issues, but there
should still be a way to address them.

John
whiskyjohn

Postby kraada » Fri May 23, 2014 10:52 am

John,

Sadly you're right that these are PostgreSQL issues. Unfortunately there is no other workaround -- the databases simply take up quite a bit of space, as do updates and housekeeping.
kraada

Postby Grey Poopon » Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

Dear PokerTracker,

Are we fucking serious right now with this update? Who the fuck tested this before launch?

Myself and apparently every other Pokertracker user have now wasted hours upon hours of their fucking time with this update to 'fix a few bugs'

This is insanely unacceptable and there should be a new download issued ASAP that overrides this monstrosity update.
Grey Poopon

Postby Raziel12 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 am

the poker tracker is insanly slow, it loads 1 hand per second or something...THIS IS A TERRIBLE UPDATE AND REVERSE IT OR DO SOME BUG FIX. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Raziel12

Postby kraada » Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 am

There are a great number of users who do not have these problems; remember, for users where everything works fine, they have no need to post!

We understand that there are problems and we are all working to get things fixed as soon as possible. Barring any additional complications, we are hoping to put out 4.11.2 later today to fix a number of remaining issues.
kraada

Postby Raziel12 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:21 pm

ok, please mainly improve the speed at which the hands get processed. Now it is doing like 1h/s since the new update and I have SSD and 4x CPU
Raziel12

Postby kraada » Fri May 23, 2014 1:54 pm

EDIT: I've been told we require more information regarding the slow imports. Please see this post for details.
kraada

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4