effective stack size filter

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

effective stack size filter

Postby rp111 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 pm

I play HU SNG-s.

When I filter: effective stack size big blinds between 0 and 5 and posted small blind - the result is 75 hands
When I filter: same with big blind I get the result 631 hands - obviously wrong result

(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 0 and 5) AND (Posted Blind / Ante Posted Big Blind)
rp111

Re: effective stack size filter

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:29 am

When the SB folds to you in the BB you have an effective stack of zero because you can't win or lose any more chips. To filter out those hands omit 0 from your stack size range.
WhiteRider

Postby rp111 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:17 am

How can I include hands where opponent folds in SB to their proper effective stack size ranges (20-25bb, 15-20bb,...)?
rp111

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:32 am

You could do that if you set the active player to your opponent, but from the BB's point of view there is no opportunity to make any decisions, so the stack sizes are effectively irrelevant (to the BB, not the SB).

However, we're aware of this request and I believe the development team will be adding "hand" effective stack information which will give you what you want. If you want to get a notification when this is added please open a Support Ticket.
WhiteRider

Postby bAdJQKe10 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:30 am

Hi,
I wanted to create a thread about this "problem" but as I can see this is intentional and this is how you chose to threat those spots. As I can see the "hand" effective stack has not yet been implemented. Do you have any ETA for this feature?
As it is right now it's impossible to estimate your results filtered by different effective stack size because the BB results are not concludent.
Also if there were to be only one effective size filter I think that it should be the one with all those hands included and maybe add an option to exclude walks. I think no one assumes that walks are filtered out and the result for BB are very skewed in terms of winrates. I lost half of my day until I realized what is happening and why my results looked that way. Thank you.
bAdJQKe10

Postby kraada » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:04 am

Filters based on table short stack haven't been implemented but you can filter using the Filter Expressions area in a custom report based on that value. To convert it to big blinds for a tournament you'd filter for:
tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb between X and Y

for cash games it'd be

cash_hand_summary.amt_short_stack / cash_limit.amt_bb between X and Y
kraada

Postby buttsexisaight » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:18 am

Hi,

I have tried to manually circumvent this problem by setting the eff. filter to 0.01 BBs, however there seems to be a glitch with PT recognizing Party HHs, as for a lot of hands it is showing the Blinds as being 0/0 or e.g 600/0 and the eff. stacksize also becomes 0 (I am doing this for MTTs). Also seems to have been corrected some time between February and April this year, as all newer HHs are recognized properly. The problem started between November '27 and the beginning of January '18. Any chance to reimport them to get proper stats again?
I have attached a screenshot.
Attachments
party glitch.png
buttsexisaight

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Partypoker made a change to their tournament hand histories which caused an issue with blind levels of 1k+ and this was resolved in an earlier version of PokerTracker 4 but to fix hands like this that have already been imported with a blind value of zero you will to purge the affected tournaments from your database and then re-import them (Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk). By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4