Why does Preferred Seating need wait for import?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Why does Preferred Seating need wait for import?

Postby twistedge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm confused about the initial alignment for HUD stats when using Preferred Seating on Pokerstars.

As a multi-tabler, it's sometimes possible to miss the fact that you're looking at a newly opened table.
This has resulted in some costly mistakes due to misreading player stats (related to initial HUD alignment)

So, it raises a few questions:

1)
Assuming PT4 is properply configured with the preferred seating information, why not use that as the default starting point?
Why not assume the player is sitting in their preferred seat and set the HUD accordingly from the beginning?

2)
If there's a technical requirement for one imported hand, then why display anything at all?
Personally, I'd rather wait to see accurate HUD information.

3)
Why does the HUD lose alignment after I sit-out for a hand?
I often pause at the end of a session to make player notes, but the HUD quickly loses orientation.
This makes it difficult to reconcile the information I'm seeing.

It can get a little frustrating at times.
twistedge

Re: Why does Preferred Seating need wait for import?

Postby twistedge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Sorry.. meant to post this on the PT4 section.
twistedge

Re: Why does Preferred Seating need wait for import?

Postby kraada » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Until we know you are playing we don't know where to rotate the stats to. The initial display is based on the actual seat number reported to us by the poker client. If you're playing at PokerStars you can turn off Memory Grabber in the PT4 Configuration options and then you won't see any data until a played hand is imported.

When you're sitting out we don't import data on you and thus PT4 no longer knows where you are seated and the stats revert to their location as set by the seat number.
kraada

Return to PokerTracker 4